Sunday

Back Porch Weekend

We've had absolutely beautiful early Spring weather, the past several days. It's put us in a mood for gardening. I'm the "planner" and J is the planter!

Yesterday, we spent the morning shopping for perennials. We brought home Heather, Prairie Sage, Grape Hyacinth and several other beautiful plants. They have been planted, in hopes we will have no frost, until next Fall!! Aren't we the optimistic ones!!

We're working on the back porch and patio, today. I have several small projects for the back porch. J is in charge of the patio.

I made something quick and easy for breakfast this morning, because we wanted to spend as much time as possible outdoors, enjoying the weather and working on our projects. I baked Cinnamon Crumb Cake, to be served with iced tea. It's very easy! A box of Krusteas Cinnamon Crumb Cake mix, egg and water! This cake reminds me of the coffeecake my Granny made. I don't know the recipe. I know it as Jewel Tea Coffeecake. It may have been a mix or she might have made it with ingredients ordered from Jewel Tea. I remember how good it was and how wonderful it smelled while baking. Does anyone remember Jewel Tea?

I bought fresh asparagus, yesterday. It looks wonderful. I'm going to try Rhoda's (Southern Hospitality) recipe, this evening.

I hope everyone is having as beautiful a weekend as we are.