Monday

~A Cottage Fairy~

You saw this photo of my granddaughter Xanti, in the Book Fair post. I added it here, with a photo taken of her at the age of 3 months. The background photo is a wonderful Cottage Fairy created by the very gifted artist, Donna of The Decorated House. Perhaps you can see why I was so taken with Donna's fairy. The photo of Xanti at 3 months, hangs above my desk.
My Cottage Fairy resides in our breakfast room.

*******************************************
Chris at Notes From a Somerset Garden and Deb at Posted From Home, have challenged me to a list of 8 random facts about myself.
________________________________________
1. I played French Horn in Junior and Senior High School, in the late 1950's/60's. During the 1970's, I briefly played French Horn in a community band.
2. I keep in touch with several old school mates, on a daily basis. We have fun get togethers, too.
3. I played the mother of a 17 year old daughter in my high school senior play. I was made up to look very elderly!!! I didn't look anything like that, when I had 17 year old daughters!! I hope not, anyway.
4. When I was in 7th and 8th grade, I walked to Granny and Grandad's during lunch time, just so I could watch "As the World Turns".
5. I was given private drawing lessons when I was in 9th grade. My lessons were at the home of an artist. Her home was a small log cabin. She baked cookies each Saturday, before I arrived. One of her many cats, sat on my lap while I had my lesson. We always had tea and fresh baked cookies. This is one of my most special memories.
6. I moved to a smaller town, when I was in 10th grade. That Christmas, our PE teacher selected students to address her Christmas cards. I was one of the "lucky" ones, chosen for the task. I didn't do much in gym, that quarter, but I got an E (sometimes known as A) anyway! Guess I did a good job on those cards!
7. I sang at my Junior Prom (1960). I was very embarrassed and only did it because I felt obligated!! I was mortified, as I sang...."Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes". I did not choose the piece! I am still mortified. This has been a cathartic moment! What kind of prom music was that anyway!
8. Well, here I am at the end of this ramble down memory lane...let me see, can I think of one more printable random school daze thought? Oh! How could I forget...this couldn't possibly be the reason I was punished with music at the prom! Or could it... I committed theft...grand theft purple iris....yes! I'll admit it! I, along with about 20 other classmates, from "good families".....took several purple iris from various gardens, around town. One of those gardens belonged to the school superintendent! It seems at the end of the day, our money was gone, spent on crepe paper and other necessary prom decor! With no cash in our coffers and no flowers for the tables, it was all that was left to do! What were we crazy 16 year old kiddos thinking!!! The next night, we were complimented on putting on one of the best proms ever! The superintendent's wife was especially complimentary of our floral arrangements.
___________________________________________
If you would like to participate in this meme, I would love to see your impressive lists. Remember...confession is good for the soul.