Thursday

~Petit Jean State Park Arkansas and a Thank You~

This and the following photos were taken at Petit Jean State Park, Arkansas, during fall 2004. On a clear evening you see gorgeous sunsets from this vantage point. Unfortunately, during our stay, it was overcast. That gives us a very good excuse for a return visit. Perhaps next time, we'll have clear weather.



J and I have been discussing a return to Petit Jean. I had not realized how long it's been since our last trip, until I was going through photographs, today. Being close to home, it's an easy road trip.
This park is beautiful and it comes with an interesting legend.

Here I am sitting on the swing, at our cabin. This cabin did not have a kitchen. However, there are larger cabins with kitchens, available. Woodburning fireplaces are also a feature.

An absolutely wonderful place to relax and forget about your cares. We highly recommend a stay at Petit Jean.

Autumn is a wonderful time to visit, when the mountains are ablaze with color.

***********************************************

Thank you all, so much, for stopping by and leaving happy birthday wishes!

I also want to thank Linda at Studio Stuff for bestowing the Rockin' Girl Blogger Award, upon me. I am flattered and plan to pass the award forward.

Also, thank you to Suzy Q, from Rabbit Run Cottage for presenting me with the Schmoozers Award. Again I am quite flattered and will present this award to a blogger or two.

JoAnna from Homeschool Blogger has challenged me to a random facts list. I'll ponder this over the weekend and write about it, next week.

We're going to the lake tomorrow. We don't have a day trip planned this time. We're playing it by ear. You never know what we might get ourselves into! Or then again, we might just hide out at the condo, with a good book.

Have a wonderful weekend!