Thursday

Hydrangea Blooms & Home Goods

Due to a late freeze, we have had no blooms on our Endless Summer, Nikko Blue or Annebelle Hydrangeas, this year. This week I received this gorgeous gift from a friend on my decorating boards. These perfectly dried blooms were nested in tissue paper inside a beautiful gift box. Enclosed was a lovely note from my friend, JC in California. Thank you Jill!
________________________________________________

I discovered a new blog, while visiting one of the decorating boards, this week. Home Goods, a home furnishings store, began the blog last winter. The writers are five women from different areas of the US. I've enjoyed reading it. Perhaps you would like to visit, also.

http://openhouse.homegoods.com/
________________________________________________

J is celebrating his 62nd birthday, today. We don't have a definite plan of celebration. We're planning a trip to the lake tomorrow. Lake visits are a celebration!

The birthday was the reason for our trip to Hannibal. J was there to sign up for Social Security. We like to take ordinary errands and turn them into something special. We enjoyed the day and took care of business, too.
________________________________________________

My old friend JoAnn, sent this verse to me. I don't know the writer. J and I truly try to live by these words.

The clock of life is wound but once,
And no one has the power
To tell just when the hands will stop,
At late or early hour.

Now is the only time you own,
So live, love, toil with a will.
Do not wait until tomorrow
For the hands might then be still.
~unknown~