Sunday

~BRANSON LANDING & OTHER ADVENTURES~

Our Branson road trip began early Friday morning. After breakfast, we met friends at an outdoor craft show, where I found a cute quilt for our expected grandson, Noah. It has a navy background with brightly colored appliqued Angel Fish.

After the craft show we checked in at our hotel. We were very happy to stay right on the Landing. Convenient for dropping off packages and freshening up, during the day. The Hilton at the Landing is a beautiful hotel.


One of my first purchases was here. In fact I made more than one. I love Brighton!


Another favorite, Chico's. Found some wonderful things here, naturally.


A little something for J. He is such a great "traveling companion"! Bass Pro is an anchor store.


A view of the Landing.

Lunch, Saturday, was at Cantina Laredo, where Miguel prepared wonderful Guacamole, at tableside. We sat on the terrace, overlooking Lake Taneycomo.

I took this photo while standing before the large fountain. The flowers were gorgeous. You see our hotel in the upper right. Our room overlooked this street.

This is the large fountain on the square. It is set to music. Fire shoots out through those pipes. Great fun all day and especially wonderful after dark. Lake Taneycomo is in the background.

This is the smaller fountain. The street lights change colors. This is beautiful, after dark.
Saturday morning, my friend JoAnn and I, visited Belk Department Store, the other anchor. I was just going to pick up a bottle of foundation at the Clinique counter. While I waited for Erin to get the foundation, I happened to remember I needed concealer. Sometime, during the concealer conversation, I mentioned my daughter's upcoming wedding. I asked Erin's advice about eye make up for Mother of the Bride Pat. Well, one thing led to another and before I knew it, Erin had worked some great magic on my eyes and I walked out of the store, with everything I need for dramatic eyes! Now, if I can just remember how to do this. I see lots of make up rehearsal, before November!
I didn't have my camera at this time, so JoAnn took the photo, at the Clinique counter.
*****************************************************
We left Branson, late Saturday afternoon. Our friends JoAnn and Jim will be there 2 weeks.
We stayed overnight, last night, at our condo, at Lake of the Ozarks, and started home at about 8:00, this morning. Our drive from the lake usually takes about 2.5 hours. Today, we managed to stretch it to 5 hours. We made a couple detours. One of the detours was our favorite "punkin patch". The photo, a sneak peek, was taken in the former laundry of the historic farm. Look for more about our "punkin patch", in a post later this week.