Thursday

~Feather Your Nest~

~ It's All in the Details~
Mary Carol Garrity's new book, Feather Your Nest, arrived this week.

The Garrity home and homes of their friends were
beautifully
photo-
graphed
by Bob Greenspan.
Mary Carol, as usual, has given us lots of great advice and inspiration, within the pages of Feather Your Nest.

I took the photos, in today's post, during two different occasions, when I toured Mary Carol's gorgeous home. The dining room is shown, at right and below.
The wall color is a deep blue, called Twilight. The paint is from Mary Carol's own line.
I would love to copy this wall in our dining room. It's absolutely beautiful.

In this view of the dining room, you see a Christmas tree, in the far corner. The tree sits in an urn on a pedestal. It's the inspiration for the tree in our dining room, last Christmas.

A view of the Garrity study, just off the foyer.


When I first visited Atchison Kansas, 2 years ago, I bought a lantern, like this one in the Garrity garden. I tied a ribbon around it and added greenery, then set it on our patio table, for our own house tour, in December 2006.
I'm recommending Feather Your Nest to anyone of you interested in feathering your nest. This book, as Mary Carol Garrity's earlier books, is packed with wonderful ideas and gorgeous photography.
If you are in the Kansas City area toward the end of November, a trip to the new Nell Hill's store, would be a treat. I hope to be there.

_______________________________________
Another fan of Mary Carol Garrity, Carol at Raised in Cotton, has graciously given me the You Make Me Smile Award. Thank you Carol!
I am now to choose 10 blogs to receive the award. This is a difficult task, since all blogs I visit inspire me and make me smile.
After much thought, I narrowed my list to ten. Some of those listed are old friends, new to blogging. Others are new friends, I've met during my eight months in the Land of Blog.
We'll leave tomorrow afternoon, for a weekend at our lake place. It's been a few weeks since we spent anytime at all, relaxing there. Autumn temperatures are expected. That means lazing on the deck, enjoying the view. Perhaps I'll take Mary Carol's book along.
Have a wonderful weekend!