Tuesday

~Christmas Florals~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning, I remembered
a bundle of floral stems
I bought at Evergreen Mfg,
Osage Beach Missouri, last month,
at their Holiday Open House.
I found an old and tattered floral arrangement, I made
several years ago and
took it apart. I used the container and floral foam for
the new arrangement.

The arrangement, in the photo below, just after I finished it this morning. It now sits on a small table next to a bench in our foyer.

While I was in a floral inspiration mood, I decided to make one more arrangement. These silk amaryllis have been used as a topper for our 10 foot tree. I wrapped them with raffia, placed them in a rectangular vase, filled with a few red berries and tied it up with a scrap of the red ribbon I've used through the house for Christmas 2007.


The jar is an antique tobbaco jar. The lid shows a man smoking a pipe. I've placed lime green glass pine cones, in the jar. The table sits beside the stairway, in our living room.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's always a pleasure to visit Mary at Across the Pond. This morning, I learned that Mary selected Back Porch Musings for the Friendly Site Award. Thank you so much, Mary. I am honored. I enjoy each and every visit to your site!
I am to pass this award along. I've selected Penchants, Ponderings and Posies. Maureen has a beautiful journal. You will find photos of Maureen's recent visit to the Sugarloaf Home Tour, gorgeous homes decorated beautifully for the Holidays.