Sunday

~Another Lake Room~

This pretty weekend home is up in the cove from our condo.
Last Tuesday, we did a bit of work in the other guest room, at the condo. We replaced the white faux wood plantation blinds, with bamboo roman shades, in white, shown in this photo. These are from JC Penney. We have them here at home, in a dark color, in J's lodge room. Cape Cod is the name of this particular shade. We also have the shade, in the white condo guest room. I love the way this style shade opens up the rooms.
The picture, beside the window, is a photograph of Mackinac Bridge, in Michigan. It's a very long suspension bridge, we crossed during our family Michigan trip, two years ago. A few examples from our birdhouse collection, sit on a bench under the window and on the armoire. The bench was made by a friend of ours, many years ago. The birdhouses were used in the breakfast room Christmas tablescape, two years ago.
I chose to give a whimsical aspect to this room, by painting boat oars in bright colors on the wall, a few years ago. In the corner, by the closet I have a white washed deep basket, holding beach towels.
When I ordered the butterfly prints, from Pottery Barn, for the foyer makeover, I also ordered the butterfly and moth prints, above this bed. Previously, there was a beach with boat print. That print is now in the white room.

More whimsy! A giant gull! I painted this, the same weekend, I painted the oars. We have gulls at the lake, during early spring. When warmer temps arrive, they migrate, elsewhere.

The blue and white quilt was embroidered, pieced and hand quilted by the members of Saint Ann Sodality, of Sacred Heart Church. J's mother may have worked on one of these blocks. This is one of two quilts we won at annual church picnics, over twenty years ago. I won this quilt. J won a yellow quilt, the following year.
Another look at the amazing giant gull!

This cabinet is in the main room of the condo. The kitchen, dining and living room are combined. A sort of great room. I found the cabinet at a sidewalk sale, here in town. It's extremely heavy, all wood and glass. A great piece of furniture for a bargain price. It works surprisingly well, with the cottage look of the condo. The cabinet and baskets hold movies, games and books. Above, is a print of a painting of Door County, Wisconsin. A souvenir of one of our vacations. There are a couple of empty photo frames atop the cabinet, waiting for more photos from Xanti. She visited the lake, not long before she left for school. During the visit, she added photos to some empty frames, I had there. It was a joyful surprise to find those photos.
Below, a close up of the shorebird arrangement, on the cabinet. We have Killdeer, here in Missouri, very similar to this bird.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last Wednesday, we met friends for lunch, at City Grill, in Osage Beach. After lunch we shopped at the Outlet Mall and Blair's Landing. We returned to City Grill for dessert, later in the afternoon.
Molly, enjoying the lake view from our deck.
Canada Geese beside the slips. We see few geese, here in our cove.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday afternoon, our family began to arrive. Thursday night, we saw a few fireworks, across the cove.
Fish, fried potatoes and cornbread in the shape of a fish, served with lemon and onion. Just a small example of the food we managed to consume over the holiday. I have a cast iron pan, with five fish shaped wells, for making the cornbread. Gabi and Drew thought those cornbread fish were pretty nifty! Naturally, hamburgers, watermelon and homemade ice cream were also some of the foods we sampled last week!
Fourth of July night, we were treated to a wonderful fireworks display. The "show" is furnished by a homeowner across the cove.
Bright and early, Saturday morning, J and I left the lake and made our way home. After purchasing a new phone, for Xanti, we met her and her mom and dad and Noah. It was so good seeing her! We miss her so much! Xanti will be returning to school today, so our visit was short, but very sweet! She has some beautiful photos on her site. The most recent were taken at a rodeo last week. Hopefully, I will be sharing some of her work, when she returns home. She is an amazing photographer!
We're returning to the lake, for a few more days, tomorrow. Still work to do there. Of course relaxation is always good! The scheduled posts worked well. I'll try to do a couple more, before we leave.
There was a question on the Leftover Makeover post, concerning the animal print rug, that was formerly in the studio. That rug is now in the back guest room, here at home.
Another, recently asked, question was about our kitchen, breakfast room and hearth room flooring. It is ceramic, by Mohawk, done in a pinwheel pattern.
Thank you all so much, for visiting, while we were away. I intend to do some visiting, this afternoon.
Have a wonderful week!

60 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Pat so glad you had a great time with your family at the lake! Your lake home is just as beautiful as your home. Take care and enjoy your time this week at the lake.~Wendy

The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Love the room Pat! I didn't know you painted too! The gull looks fantastic. WOW,you won that amazing quilt!
Great cabinet.
Those cornbread fish look mighty tastey!
Nikki

Lisa said...

Wow, I love this room Pat. Please come to Macon and help me with my bedroom I'm terribly stuck and do not know what to do!! I guess I'll figure it out sometime. I've been tagged and since I love your blog so much, I've tagged you too. If you have time and want to that is. If so come on over and cut and paste. Be safe at the Lake!!

Pat said...

Your lake condo looks so relaxing and comfortable. I love the whimsical decorations in the guest bedroom, and the beautiful hand made quilt is gorgeous!

The fish shaped corn bread looks so good along with the fried fish and potatoes!


I'm looking forward to seeing Xanti's photographs!

Hugs, Pat in NY

Adrienne said...

I'm ready to leave right now for meet you at the condo. I would love to stay in your guestroom. It's so inviting and cozy. You did a great job putting it all together. I love the painted oars! ~Adrienne~

AT THE PICKLED HUTCH said...

Sounds like a perfect time had by all. And beautiful work creating that nest of a guestbedroom!
LIsa & Alfie

Jeanne said...

Pat, your condo is beautiful and the lake view is so serene. Even Molly knows the lake is beautiful. I bet she loves those birds. Your talent for painting and decorating (my passion) is right up my alley. Except I use bears instead of birds Only in our cabin on the property though. I'm a traditional girl really. Smile!

Thank you for stopping by today and your sweet comment. We are so happy about this wedding. It will be small, just immediate family on both sides.

Have a lovely day.

Jeanne

Susan said...

Hi, Pat,
It's good to hear from you again. I love your gull! Your lake house is so inviting! Have fun when you go back.

artis1111 said...

Oh ,I love to see another artist. The lake is beautiful. I love a lake. My sister in laws parents live on the lake and we go for picnicks. Kathy

Brenda Kula said...

Wow, Pat, not only are you a great photographer, but a painting artist as well! I always love to look at your homes. You give them just the right touch to make it cozy!
Brenda

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Pat, Your photos are wonderful. You have a real flare for decorating! Who would have thought of painting oars?? They look fabulous!
I love that cabinet too! I'm looking for something similiar for a new HD Television!
Have a great day!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Pat, looks like a fun week y'all spent at the lake & what a great place to spend the 4th. Love your cottagey rooms there at the condo, I know you must enjoy it there so much. Glad it was a good weekend!

Yes, how about that painted gull...very pretty!

Rhoda

Beverly said...

Pat, you give your sense of beauty to everything you touch. Your condo at the lake is lovely, and I'm sure a place of fun and relaxation.

More memories in the making.

Scooterblu's Whimsy said...

Great room, Pat! The paintings you did on the wall are amazing! I just found butterfly prints at Homegoods for our lake house, a couple of weeks ago! How ironic is that! :) Hopefully I'll have everything together enough next week to post! The lake you are on looks beautiful! Hope you had a great 4th! ~Rhonda

Grand Life said...

You have a beautiful vacation home. We also had family for the 4th. I don't think I would know how to celebrate without some of the children here. Our family also loves cornbread with milk gravy. Have a great week.
Judy

Hooked on Houses said...

Pat--
Love that photo of the two flags flying over the lake.

I'm dying to have a place of my own on a lake. I just want to be able to say, "We're spending the weekend down at the lake." It sounds so romantic. *sigh* At least I can live vicariously through you! -Julia :-)

Jen said...

It sounds so peaceful there. I'm so glad your are you having a good summer.

Rosemary said...

Hi Pat,
Looks like you had a wonderful time.
I would love to vacation there.
You could decorate an outhouse, and it would look good!!
You are amazing!
Rosemary

Rosanna said...

Love the guest room! Your Lake Cove looks wonderful! This is the worst weekend for our little pup, she is so scared of the Fire Works ....and boy do they set off the crackers over our little puddle!

~Kristen~ said...

Hi Pat!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I have just spent quite a while reading your's. It is fabulous!!! Your decorating is just beautiful!!! I hope to visit more.

Kristen :-)

Catherine Holman said...

Hi Pat!
Glad to see you had a great time at the lake. I had no idea that you painted. That giant seagull is great! You have hidden talents that we've not heard about.
Hugs,
Cathie

Shelia said...

Hi Pat, and thank you for stopping by my blog and looking at the Mitford books. They're really sweet reads. I've been coming and looking at your blog for sometime now, but never did comment because I didn't have a blog and kinda thot that may not be too legal ( ;) ). Well, I've just recently started mine and am having a ball! Please come and see me again. I love the beautiful pictures you take and your lake house is beautiful. I love that sweet little picture of you as a girl - what a cutie!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Elizabeth said...

I just love your style, Pat! That guest room is so inviting, how do you get rid of peopld?

Deb said...

Hi Pat! that's a lovely room, I would love being a guest there. You have wonderful taste. I love all the items that you chose. I'm glad you shared a lovely weekend with family. I did the same. Say hello to J for me. Deb

Susie Harris said...

Hi Pat... Please put me in your pocket next time... Your lake house is to die for. I love the decor.... Your fur baby..adorable! Susie H~

Wood n' Whimsy said...

Hi Pat! So glad your time at the lake was restful. By the looks of your photos, how could it not be? Any guest would be in heaven in that guest room! Love the giant gull. You asked me in a comment on my blog how far Coffeen was from St. Louis. It's close to 60 miles east of St. Louis off of I-70. We do have lots of neat goodies in the shop. Theh prices out here in the boonies are to die for, too! Email me if you want specifics on how to get here and hours. I'll happily open for you on off hours if I know you are coming. God Bless, Celene

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

What a beautiful place to live. I love what you did with the bedroom! You are a very talented lady!! Hugs, Terrie

Leigh said...

Oh! Pat! That sounds like a wonderful condo on the lake. I know that you all make some very special memories there. The rooms are so warm and comfortable. And I love the gull that welcomes guest!
I know you are going back soon-enjoy! I love going by way of you!

Robyn said...

Fun fun! Just love all your rooms! Just darling!
Hugs,
Robyn

P.S. Stop by my blog and say hello when you get a chance!

tamy/simplymein said...

What a lovely summertime paradise you have created!! The pictures are really lovely

Deb said...

Hi Pat
What a gorgeous little spot you have at the lake. I loved the photo of Molly - it reminded me so much of Ben. We love being by the water too.

Linda said...

Hi Pat...what a wonderful home at the lake you have! I enjoyed all the pictures and this is a most inviting guest room. I like all your special touches...I didn't know you painted too.
What a lucky win...your blue quilt is lovely, I'd love to see J's yellow one sometime. Have a happy day. Hugs, Linda

Julie said...

Watching fireworks over the water is so serene. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Your home away from home is breathtaking!

Liz said...

What a lovely room! Looks like a heavenly place to me!

sandra/tx said...

Pat, your lake house is as amazing as your everyday house. I love the colored oars in the guest room. And the fish cornbread -- cute!

yellowfarmhouse said...

Love the pictures of the guest room. What a pretty, light and inviting room. I didn't realize that you paint so wonderfully, cute idea. Molly looks like she is enjoying the view from her perch. That quilt is very pretty and what a great win. I hope you enjoy your time back at the lake.

Hugs - Karen

Dana said...

So glad you shared your terrific decorating ideas with us! I LOVE your gull--I didn't realize you were an artist! All of the items in your room were selected with such thought and care----I wish I had that trait!! Are your stars above the window vintage pieces? Whether they are or not, they look terrific in their placement. Those fishy cornbreads are tooo cute! Again---your special touches.That area of the lake looks so wonderful--you couldn't help but love it. Glad you had a good time--glad you're back!

Sunbonnet Cottage said...

Pat,

I just wanted to say how much I truly enjoy your blog. It's absolutely beautiful and very inspiring.

I am new to blogging and just started my very own blog named Sunbonnet Cottage. I hope you get a chance to come by and visit.

http://sunbonnetcottage.blogspot.com/

Thank you for creating such a lovely spot to come by and visit.

Melissa Powers
Sunbonnet Cottage

Nan said...

Pat- Your condo is looking great. I love the painted oars and the pictures from Door County and Mackinac Island. We've vacationed at both places.
Glad you had a good time.
Hugs,
Nan

Sandi McBride said...

Good evening Pat, as usual your decorating is lovely. Molly looks fully relaxed, for sure! And dinner just looks plain scrumptious! Wish I were there
Sandi

Maureen said...

Hi Pat- I am so behind in blogland and trying to catch up! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! Your place at the lake is looking spiffy!

Picket said...

Hey Pat....great post girl...I loved every inch of it and that shorebird with the shells arrangement was gorgeous...I have never had shells or anything like that in my decor but mercy I want one of those....the way that little delicate twiggy thing was in the background! Love how you decorated the lake house..ohhh I'd be sitting on the water bank everyday with my fishing pole! lol Have a great week girl and thanks for coming by!

Lana said...

Pat ~ Looks like you had a wonderful time! The room is beautiful ~ I like the light and airy look.

Rue said...

Hi Pat :)

My goodness it's beautiful by the lake! Those pictures you took are gorgeous!!

I love your condo. Perfect for relaxing and enjoying yourself. You did an amazing job on the seagull too :)

Enjoy the rest of your time there with J.
hugs,
rue

The Freymuth's said...

Love the pics! Hope everyone had a great time! can't wait to see what u change at home this week!! :)

Mrs. B said...

Hi Pat! I love that room! It has such a nice summery feel to it. Our lake house is full of old hand me downs, nothing beautiful like that. Someday I hope to be able to do something similar. What great inspiration you are!

dec0r8or said...

Love it--every darn bit of it!! Hey, when you kick the family out, can I come over? Hmmmm? :)

Libby said...

Gorgeous room!! Perfect amount of theme without going over board! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend.

http://mythriftyvictorianhome.blogspot.com/

Libby

Shelia said...

Hi Pat! I'm coming to invite you to a tea party at my blog today. Others are having tea parties as well. I'll keep the kettle on for you.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sher's Creative Expressions said...

Your lakehouse looks wonderfully devine. . . and so does the food you serve there :)

Blessings,

Sher

Rowan said...

Lots of lovely photos, glad you had a good 4th July at the lake. I love your painted gull - you are so talented to be able to do things like that.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Pat!! Lovely bedroom....how great to win not one quilt but two!!
Hugs,
Robin

cammyk said...

Pat, Your talents are never-ending. Love this room. BTW, I have awarded you with a blogging award.

Andi said...

What a beautiful place you have at the lake Pat. I so enjoyed your pictures. Sounds like your Fourth of July was special.

You're quite artistic. I love the things you painted on the wall...very nice.

Janera said...

What a beautiful place! I know it must be very relaxing there -- and lotsa fun!

Dana said...

Beautiful room, everything is so pretty and well put together. We just got back from a Lake House that we rented for the week and it could have used your help. We had a great time, I just love the Lake Life! Many Lake House Blessings, dana

Robyn said...

Pat!
Thanks for stopping by but you must SHOW MORE of this lake and the property girly! We want more! lol!
Many hugs to you friend!
Robyn

Come see me (blog) soon!

Rechelle said...

Pat, you truly are a gifted designer. I have a set of oars that I have no idea what to do with. Currently they recline on the floor in the upper hall. I imagine they will be there for the next several years.

Suzanne said...

An adorable room Pat! I love your giant seagull!, and the painted oars...what a great look! And the quilt is just beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Pat!

This is Elizabeth - thank you for sharing your photos. I wanted to email you but could not find a way to contact you. Randy and I have a spot at the lake as well. You wrote me and said HGTV wanted to use your home - but you never said if you agreed or not. If you email me your email address (I won't publish it of course), I would love to ask you some questions. I hope all is well and yes, Richard's home in Clarksville survived. Thank you for caring!
Elizabeth