Friday

~Over the River~


To grandmother's house we go.
The horse knows the way,
To carry the sleigh
Through white and drifted snow.
Our Thanksgiving begins today, when we have lunch with 2 of our grandchildren at their daycare. We also plan to spend the afternoon with them.

Saturday afternoon, we'll celebrate with our youngest grandson, at his 1st birthday party. Saturday evening, we'll shop for Thanksgiving dinner, with eldest daughter.

Sunday morning, before leaving for our place at the lake, we'll meet our family for brunch. Another Thanksgiving celebration.

Since this is a particularly busy weekend, for us, I'm writing a small post, with few photos. I hope to publish something from the beautiful Ozarks, Monday. The plan is to relax during the early part of the week.

Some of our children will arrive late Thanksgiving night. We are designated babysitters, while the girls Christmas shop, the day after Thanksgiving. While they shop, I'll prepare a traditional Thanksgiving meal. I imagine G'pa, will be keeping up with the young'uns. Or at least trying to.
Since my last post was published Tuesday evening, I thought I had better write a little something before we leave. I remember a couple weeks ago, when we were away, sweet readers told me, they were a tad worried about us. We thank you, so much, for your concern.
Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend!

The snow photos were taken 3 years ago, on the road to our place at Lake of the Ozarks. The last photo, a winter sunset view near Big Cedar Lodge, a few years ago.