Wednesday

~A Blue Bath & Other Stories~

The redo of the master bath at the condo actually began when we painted the dining room, at home. We had enough leftover paint for this bath. Sherwin Williams Interesting Aqua on the walls and SW Topsail on ceiling.

I brought the monogrammed Ballard Designs shower curtain from a guest bath at home. Most of the shells, in the jar, were gathered by our family, during a vacation in Florida.

I lost a day of working on this redo, yesterday. Arthritis, in my right arm, came along to remind me, it's here to stay and only goes into hiding now and then! I took the day off, medicated myself and took naps. Yes, as BJ (Sweet Nothings) mentioned not long ago...the old gray mare ain't what she used to be! I didn't even get to do very many blog visits, before closing the computer in retreat.

The matted and framed photo, shown here, was taken by J, at Split Rock Lighthouse, MN. about 7 years ago. Below is a closeup. We walked down to the shore of Lake Superior, from the lighthouse. I wonder if we would be able to make the climb back up to the lighthouse, now. We have many wonderful memories of our visit to an incredibly beautiful state.



The bathroom was formerly painted builder white. The before photos are on the home computer. J changed out the light fixture, shown here.

In addition to the blue bathroom, this post includes answers to challenges, for photo memes. I do few memes. Because this one is an easy one and involves photography, which I love, I decided to give it a try.

The first photo challenge came from Joy of Books and Life. Joy asked me to go to the 5th folder, choose the 5th photo and post it here.

I wasn't sure, at first, if I could answer the challenge, since I'm at the lake, using the laptop. I tend to delete photos, used in the blog, from the laptop, unless it's special photography. I didn't know if I had four or five folders. I have a ton of folders with pictures of rooms, taking up space, at home and don't want to clog the laptop. Room photos are the ones I delete, leaving only special photos, trying to keep the laptop slim and trim.

The photo above, is the 5th photo of the 5th folder. It was taken in September 2008, at the lake, just as morning fog was lifting.
The second challenge is from Sheila of The Quintessential Magpie. In this meme, I was to go to the 4th folder and find the 4th photo. This photo was also taken in September 2008. In 2003, J and his brothers, in memory of their parents and brother, donated the statue, shown in this photo, to Sacred Heart Parish, Troy, Missouri. The parish planted a garden of Pope John Paul II Commemorative Roses around the statue. The rose has a lovely fragrance and bloomed into November, last year. They can be found at Jackson & Perkins.