Monday

~Tablescape, Chocolates & Molly~

Sunday morning, I set the dining room table for a breakfast of french toast & fruit. I used bee dishes from Nell Hill's, small white platters, individual white pitchers, sitting on small Mary Carol plates, and inexpensive Target flatware. Napkins with apple napkin rings and a rooster and hen centerpiece, complete the table.

I was asked if we ever use paper plates. We make a conscious effort to use non disposable dinnerware and cloth napkins and have for several years .

More tablescapes, for Tablescape Tuesday, can be found at Susan's, Between Naps on the Porch.











While we were exploring Lebanon Missouri, recently, we visited Heartland Antique Mall and the Russell Stover Outlet. We were very very good at Russell Stover. Only one small sample and no purchase.
At the antique mall, I found a blue, yellow and white plaid vintage luncheon cloth and napkins. I love these small tablecloths and look for them, in particular. In the past I collected a variety of textiles. These days I generally look for luncheon table linens.
While in Lebanon, we also visited Shepherd Hills Outlet, where I saw lots of Spode. I'll post those photos, soon.
Molly is so gracious to share her seat, with packages, when I am in makeover mode and on shopping sprees. Because she is such a sweetheart, we treated her to Andy's Custard, in Osage Beach, last week. Andy's has special little cones for pup's. This time, rather than the tiny cone, Molly was treated to a scoop in a bowl. In the collage you can follow Molly's visit, to Andy's, from the anticipation, when she realized where she was, to her enjoyment of this special treat.

I rarely get cuddle time, with our eldest granddaughter, Xanti, these days. Saturday afternoon, at Drew's birthday party, was one of those rare times. We had a chat about her photography (she's amazing) and her plans. Xanti snapped this photo with my little camera. I love it!
We've returned to the lake for more painting. Hoping to finish the front room, this week.