Tuesday

~Dreaming of Spring~

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.
~Abram L. Urban


My photography, illustrating our gardens, is my first contribution to Outdoor Wednesday, hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Thank you for hosting this event, Susan. To see other outdoor posts, please visit Susan, Tuesday, after 11:00 PM (EST).
The top photo shows Grape Hyacinth, growing beside our back porch steps, 2008. Other photos, in this post, were taken by me, in our gardens and at Lake of the Ozarks. Several of these photos were previously included here and on my photography blog, Snapshots from the Back Porch.
In the second photograph, a white Iris in the garden on the north side of our home.
This Hosta is one of J's favorites. He is very proud of the Hosta garden, growing beside our patio. The gardens, at home, are often visited by folks in our neighborhood.
An Anemone beneath the hearth room windows.
Queen Anne's Lace and other wildflowers grow near the small creek, behind our home.

A Hosta in bloom.

White Iris, in the side garden.
~Signs of Spring at Lake of the Ozarks~

Daffodils,at our clubhouse, Monday afternoon.
One of the very first signs of Spring at the lake; mowers lined up at Lowe's.
We saw this sign while we were driving around the lake, Monday. Not a sign of spring, but fun!
***I'm inviting you to participate in the poll, at the top of the sidebar, if you haven't had the opportunity to do so, yet. The poll remains open until my 2nd anniversary, March 6.