Thursday

~Maureen’s Linguine With Clam Sauce~

Foodie_Friday_Logo_2 

clamlinguine2A

Last year, my friend Maureen posted a delicious clam sauce recipe on her blog, Penchants, Ponderings & Posies.  This is the LINK to the post.  I’ve prepared the sauce several times and made it again, Tuesday evening.  I’m sharing the recipe, for Foodie Friday, hosted by Michael, of Designs by Gollum.

CLAM SAUCE

2 cans chopped Clams

2 cans Mushrooms; drained

1 can diced Tomatoes

Olive Oil

Handful fresh Scallions; sliced

Fresh Flat Leaf Italian Parsley; chopped

Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste

A dash of Red Pepper Flakes

2 cloves fresh Garlic

Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese

Cooked Linguine

Place water in pot, to boil for pasta.  Heat small amount of olive oil in non stick skillet.  Mince two cloves Garlic-add to oil, add a pinch or two red pepper flakes-to taste. Cook over medium heat a minute or two, making sure not to scorch the Garlic.  Add Scallions and cook another minute or so, then add drained mushrooms and black pepper to taste. 

Drain Clams, reserving liquid. Add Clams to skillet and sautee, add diced Tomatoes, then Clam liquid, slowly, being careful of sand from Clams that may remain in bottom of bowl.  Mix, bring to boil; reduce heat and cook about 15 minutes uncovered. 

Serve over hot Linguine, topped with chopped Flat Leaf Italian Parsley and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese.  Optional: Add Italian Bread and a green salad, to the meal.

Tuesday evening I mixed the Linguine and Clam Sauce in a large pasta bowl and served it in small bowls.

Enjoy!

Thank you, Maureen!  This is one of our favorites!

clamliguine1a

clamlinguine3d

The fish salt and peppers are from, you guessed it….Target!  The perfect S&P’s for the lake!

Technorati Tags: ,

~Red Sky At Morning~

If you have followed Back Porch Musings, for awhile, you’ve seen the view from our deck, at the lake, many times.  Early today (Thursday) I looked out on this scene. I saw lightning, earlier and checked Weatherbug, because I was thinking it was to be partly cloudy and 80’s (F).  However, I did see a 30% chance of thunderstorms, too. 

The sky was red.  I used the Canon Rebel xti, on auto, to capture the scene.  They may be a tad grainy, but I didn’t want to editorially enhance the photos. 

I want to assure you, even though the photos of fog, earlier this week and these red sky photos are eerily moody, I’m fine!  The scene, to me, was as amazing as the Missouri thunderstorms, this sky forewarns.

Friends of ours, not from Missouri, have commented on how impressed they are by the nature of thunderstorms in our neck of the woods.  Lightning, so very dangerous, can put on spectacular light shows.

I know this has nothing to do with Foodie Friday, but I couldn’t resist sharing this morning’s sky.

redsky2

 redsky3

redsky