Sunday

~Dishes & Dressers~

SouthernHospThriftyTreasures_copy[2]

Stop by Rhoda’s Southern Hospitality, each Monday, for Thrifty Treasures all around the land of blog.

Agaragesale4

We shopped a couple of country yard sales, recently.

The first one was set up in a huge front yard, with lots of shade trees; beautiful place. This sale is where I found the set of eight rooster plates, for $3. There is a tiny chip, in one of the plates, but that won’t stop me from using them in colorful tablescapes, on the farmhouse table, in our breakfast room.

The tiny 70 year old books, at 10 cents each, were found at the same sale, as well as the basket, with double hinged lid, for $1.

rooster227

The breakfast room table set, using the “new” rooster plates.

shoe8 

Just a little indulgence; I was at Marshall’s, Osage Beach, last week and found these Lilly Pulitzer McKim sandals at around 65% off retail. Other than dishes, I have this little shoe addiction.  I’m calling my new sandals a definite thrifty treasure!!

The nail polish is OPI Cajun Shrimp.  I like my OPI, too!

AgaragesaleThe second sale was down another country road. As we drove by, looking for a place to park, I spotted the dresser and chest of drawers. We turned around and I hopped out, while J continued his search for a place to park, which he finally did, near the garden of the person selling this furniture.

By the time J arrived, I had purchased the two pieces. The dresser will be a bit of a project. The furniture was used in a child’s room. My plan is to paint the dresser and use it as a bedside chest, in the master bedroom. The chest of drawers will be used, as is, for extra drawer space in our walk in closet. The cost of these pieces was $25, each.

A Fourth of July Preview

Hint of 4th of July table, for later this week.

Fourth of July I