Friday

~Cooking With Julia~

fallpondB

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
as I have seen in one autumnal face

Autumn quote by John Donne~

jandjA

Happy Friday, everyone!

J and I saw Julie & Julia, Thursday afternoon.  We heard it was a “chick flick”, so I wasn’t sure J would enjoy seeing it.  The truth is, we both enjoyed so much we stopped, on our way home, for Beef Bourguignon ingredients. I’m preparing it for our dinner, today.

Of course, I am documenting the meal, with photos.  I’ll be back sometime over the weekend or Monday, to let you know if I was successful preparing Julia Child’s recipe.

Autumn and cooler temperatures always put me in a cooking mood.

The top photo, in this post, was taken last October, during one of our drives through rural Missouri.

Tomorrow we’re going to go apple picking, in Illinois; one of our favorite things to do each fall.

I am adding this link to Melissa’s Fall Nesting event, which continues through September 5.

Enjoy your weekend!