Wednesday

~Harvest Table~

tblth2A

Harvest table in the breakfast room.

tblth6A

While I was buying burlap for the bedroom chair, I picked up enough for this table cover.  It’s the perfect width for the farmhouse table, in our breakfast room.

The centerpiece is made of bits and pieces of silk flowers and foliage, berries, pinecones, faux pumpkins and gourds, corn, ceramic quail, and a small log house.  The candles are flameless faux birch.  They are sitting in a square white bowl and surrounded with glass beads/stones and acorns, from Pier One Imports.

I chose to use a flatware mix. There are only 4 place settings of the “bone” flatware.  I needed eight, so I mixed them with the 99 cent flatware from Target. 

The dinner plates and cups and saucers are Mikasa French Countryside.  I have 12 place settings.  I started collecting this dinnerware around 1982/83. 

The salad plates are Spode Woodland, game birds and Black Labrador Retriever (in honor of Miss Molly).

The green goblets are from Target; the clear goblets are Mikasa.

Napkins are from Marshall’s and napkin rings Pier One Imports. 

The napkins and napkin rings will be used on our Thanksgiving table, which is the farmhouse table.  There is a tablecloth to match. 

tblth25A

 Pheasant Surroundings

I’ll use the turkey transfer ware plates, from this tablescape. We expect 12 for Thanksgiving dinner.

Click Here, to see more of the tablescape.

 

 

 

tblth3A

I’ll also use the candles, in this scape, for Thanksgiving.  There will be a few pumpkins on the table. Nothing as elaborate as seen here.

 tabthu

Stop by Susan’s Between Naps on the Porch, for more tablescapes, each Thursday.tblth1A

tblth10A

tblth9A

tblth11A

tblth19A

 tblth20A

tblth22A

 The idea, of Tablescape Thursday, I believe, is to show possibilities. 

I think there were a few readers who did not like the crocheted cloth on the Pheasant Surroundings table.  Again, the idea is to show the possibilities. 

I used the crochet cloth, because it was a way of thinking outside the box.  The burlap, I used here, or a solid cloth or checked, might work on the Pheasant Surroundings table, also.  The crochet presented the unexpected.  That’s what I hope I achieve in the tablescapes I put together for Susan’s wonderful event.

tablth18A

tablth14A1

Another rainy day, in Missouri, means another great day for soup.

I made a crockpot of chili, letting it simmer during the afternoon; comfort food.

Another wonderful comfort food is shown in the photo, below; chili mac.

 

tblth15A

 tblth12A

 Backyard Visitor 10/28/09