Sunday

~Christmas in the Dining Room~

diningroommet5A 

diningroom093A 

The dining room metamorphosis, for Christmas, began with an empty corner, undecorated tree and containers of ornaments, silk flowers and ribbon.

The tree, in an urn, was purchased at Michael’s, about two years ago.

 

 

mondaymet

Stop by Susan’s Between Naps on the Porch, each Monday, for delightful makeovers and, perhaps, holiday decorating around the land of blog. 

diningroom094A

chandelier1A Getting there…

diningroommet41A 

bauble by bauble…

diningroommet43A 

glitter by sparkle

diningroommet40A

bead by bead…

diningroommet34A

diningroommet46A11

diningroommet38A 

Step by step…

diningroommet45A

bit by bit…

diningroommet36A

diningroommet44A 

diningroommet32A

ribbon & bow

diningroommet1A

diningroommet3A

diningroommet4A

diningroommet8A

diningroommet9A

clochediningroomA 

diningroommet15A

 diningroommet47A

I said I wasn’t going to climb the ladder, this year.  We weren’t even into the first day of decorating, when up the ladder I went!

I’ve told the story, before, about a friend telling me, several years ago, when I reached 60, I wouldn’t be decorating much for Christmas.  Here I am still decorating. Not only that, I change things up, using what we have, just about every year.  I have to admit, I am moving a tad bit slower, this year. 

Note to self: Don’t plan the getaway so close to Thanksgiving, next year.  You know how it is.  You should always plan a little time to rest up from a vacation!

The chandelier posed a problem.  It wasn’t weighted quite right.  After the greenery and ornaments were attached, it was crooked.  J fixed it up with fishing line weights.

Except for the chandelier dilemma, everything went smoothly.  Now it is on to the hearth room, for more Christmas morphing.

diningroommet2A

deckthehallstuesday

Please stop by Susan’s Thought From Over the Rainbow, each Tuesday, Beginning December 1st, for Deck the Halls Tuesday.

Hooked-on-Holiday-House-Tours

Linked to Julia’s Hooked on Holiday House Tours