Thursday

~BC’s Kitchen~

Foodie_Friday_Logo_2

 Thursday was one of those beautiful days, we sometimes have in January. The sun was shining, temperatures in low 20’s F; a great day for a little trip south.

The Meadows, at Lake Saint Louis, was our destination. We were on a hunt for new pillows.

After shopping, we had lunch at BC’s, at The Meadows.

Stop by Michael’s each Friday, for Foodie News and Recipes.

ravioli9

 ravioli10

 BC’s Kitchen information HERE

ravioli4J’s drink was an organic coffee. Strong but wonderfully aromatic and delicious.

I chose iced tea, unsweetened, with lemon.

ravioli5  J ordered an all American favorite, cheeseburger and fries, medium well with cheddar.

His favorite is the great old tavern burgers, he remembers from his youthful days.  This looks like it might fit the bill.ravioli7

 Peppercorn Vinaigrette was the dressing for my salad.ravioli8

My meal, a pasta dish made with butternut squash.

Our server was kind enough to tell us how to put together this ravioli, with butternut squash and roasted chicken, at home.

The ravioli, handmade in
BC’s kitchen,
is stuffed with butternut squash.

The white sauce is infused with sage. The dish was served with a garlic butter baguette.

An easy way to prepare this dish:

One roasted chicken, from the deli, cubed

1 Package of squash stuffed ravioli

Cubed butternut squash

Chopped flat leaf parsley

Parmesan cheese

White sauce, of your choice.  I imagine a jar of Alfredo will do nicely. Remember to add the sage.

Serve with a nice white wine.

Our server told me the squash ravioli can be purchased prepared.  When I find all the ingredients needed, I’m going to give this dish a try.

Excellent!

Our server was excellent too!

 

RAVIOLI11

 We were very happy BC’s is located just around the corner from BB&B.  We were famished, after the rigors of pillow shopping.

Do you have any suggestions for really great firm pillows?

I chose one I think might work for me, we’ll see. I’ve been feeling a tad like the Princess and the Pea, only with pillows instead of mattresses.  I have a euro pillow in a synthetic, two standard feather pillows and a synthetic standard pillow.  None of these, alone or in any combination, has worked so well, of late. 

At the urging of a salesperson, J tried out a couple of pillows.  Did you know you can actually try out pillows on one of the display beds at Bed Bath & Beyond?  I didn’t know that. After trying the pillows and being assured, if he isn’t completely happy with his purchase, he can return it, he decided to bring home a memory foam, on speculation.

I can’t thank you enough for your wonderful comments on the Black & White post. I love black and white photography and enjoy experimenting with it.  Your comments and encouragement are very much appreciated.

Sunshine is promised, for the weekend.  If the predicted snow passes by, or goes south, as they are telling us, we plan to take a little day trip.  More about that, Sunday, if all goes well.

Have a wonderful weekend!

I used J’s Canon G11 for the photos, featured in this post.  No flash, set on auto.  I was more interested in the food, than art!