Saturday

~Back Porch News~

Seasons

fireplace2

A Back Porch Fireplace Screen

Burlap is stapled onto the back of the window we were given by our friend Greg, at All About Home.  The shutters, from Artichoke Annie’s Antique Mall, Columbia Missouri, were added to either side.

The gate is from another nearby antique shop.  I’m working on an idea for the basket, that hangs on the gate.

Seasonal Weather

Several Tornadoes passed through here, Friday night. At least one, a mile or two from our house. Some touched down, doing damage to trees, as reported on KMOX Radio (St Louis), this morning.  We had no wind, but we did have a pretty powerful thunderstorm with heavy rain.  After living in Missouri all our lives, we expect this sort of weather every Spring and knew something was up, yesterday afternoon, when the temperature dropped.  It’s dark out again today.  The stormy/rainy weather is expected to last through Sunday.

fireplace

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

~Stanley Horowitz

J’s Aunt Ruth is traveling, with us, to the lake, Sunday morning.  Weather permitting, she and J have fishing planned.  I’m going to read and take photos of this and that.  We’ll return, sometime during the week, with the wicker chest for the back porch.  We will complete that little fix up and I will write about it, here at Back Porch Musings, soon.

 

geranium mosaic1 

Thank you for your visits, e-mails and comments on the posts about our trip south and the garden post.  These give me incentive to continue blogging.  Your affirmation is very much appreciated.

I spent almost all day, Friday, trying to catch up with visiting, which I have missed, in the busyness of our life. 

I believe my decision to participate in fewer events is a good one for me.  That decision was not meant to be a snub toward anyone. Even doing less events, I still don’t get to everyone and this concerns me.

I need to spend less time on the computer and more time doing the things I love, with J and family.  I also need to spend more time keeping our homes. 

An added bonus, through this; I have more to write about. 

I hope my posts and photography improve, with this decision about time and how I spend it.

Thank you, to all my readers, for standing by me through this decision.

I will still post about three times a week.  I hope the posts will be varied and interesting.

Spring and Summer seasons are always filled with little day trips.  I’ll write about those and our home projects. We have a few of those in mind, as always.

I want to keep Back Porch Musings as enjoyable for me, as it has been since March 2007 and hopefully, for you as well.

Perhaps I’ll  add the mosaic to Mary’s Mosaic Monday.  I’ve prepared mosaics, in the past, and linked to Mary’s then decided not to add mine to the list, due to time constraints.  As always I am adding Mary’s link here, whether I add my mosaic or not.  Visiting Mary on Mosaic Monday is a treat.  You won’t be disappointed.

I’ll be around to visit, soon.

Hope your week is wonderful!