Tuesday

~A New Gate for the Fireplace and Other Decorating Updates~

fireplaceO

In March, I put together a Spring vignette, on the hearth room mantel, using white ironstone, a wire cloche, prints from Charleston South Carolina and an iron piece.  Because two of the prints show Charleston gates, I wanted an iron gate or similar piece, for the fireplace.  When we stopped at Apple Wagon Antiques and Decor, last week, I found just what I was looking for.

I changed the vignette, for summer, using the prints, a lantern and two figurines; a boy and girl, I’ve had several years.  The figurines remind me of The Boxcar Children.

I changed the silk fern, for a live fern and the mantel and hearth were finished, for Summer 2010.

fireplaceN

The fireplace, Spring 2010.

fireplaceG

fireplaceP

fireplaceS 

fireplaceR

The hearth room is progressing toward the country look we hope for.

fireplaceI 

fireplaceJ

fireplaceH 

fireplaceF 

fireplaceE

fireplaceK

fireplaceT

Artful  BLOGGING

fireplaceBI stopped by Barnes & Nobel, Sunday, and picked up a copy of the May/June/July issue of Artful Blogging.

I opened the magazine to an article about Beverly’s Pink Saturday.  Have you visited How Sweet the Sound?  If not, I recommend you stop by. 

Awhile back, Artful Blogging contacted Beverly about doing an article, featuring the weekly event.  Beverly sent out an e-mail to Pink Saturday participants, asking for photos, used in Pink Saturday posts.

I smiled when I saw a photo of a Crepe Myrtle, in the upper left corner of page 40.  I took that photo with my trusty Canon Rebel Xti, in Osage Beach Missouri, last year.

I am so very happy Beverly received this special recognition for Pink Saturday.

Thank you, Beverly, for graciously hosting Pink Saturday. 

I am honored that my Crepe Myrtle photo was included with the work of so many talented artists and photographers.

paula's book

I was asked what my thoughts are about Paula’s new book, Paula Deen’s Savannah Style.  I have looked through this book several times, since I purchased it, in Tennessee, last month.  I honestly can tell you, I thoroughly enjoy Savannah Style every time I open the cover.  Beautiful interiors and exteriors, including porches.  I have found loads of inspiration.