Sunday

SUNDAY MORNING MUSINGS

To those who know me, it comes as no surprise that decorating is my hobby. My first efforts in decorating began as a teenager.

When I was about 15 years old, using babysitting earnings, I "cleverly" decorated our bathroom, with curtains made from towels and little this and that accessories. Mother loved the results. That was Spring 1959. Little did I know, that "makeover", would begin a journey that is still going strong, almost 50 years later!

In our breakfast room sits a large pine farmstyle table with eight brightly colored chairs. Red, yellow, orange and green, there are two of each. Two years ago, I made a "daring move" by bringing the chairs home. Since then, I've seen the chairs used, with a pine table, as part of the set decoration in a movie. I was thrilled to know my "idea" had made it to the big time! Yesterday, I picked up the March 2007 issue of Country Decorating Ideas. Within the pages I, once again, discovered my colorful chairs!! Three of them, along with a bench, were used as seating at a round oak table, that had belonged to the homeowner's grandmother. I have to admit, at the time I bought my chairs, I briefly wondered if I would tire of them quickly. Two years later I like them as much as I did the day I brought them home.

I can't pinpoint a particular style of decorating in our home. Each room seems to have a life of it's own. The Traditional main floor living room, Cottage guest room on the upper level and the rustic Lodge decor in our lower level family room, surprisingly, flow.

For a look at our home, here is a link to my Spring 2007 Photobucket album: http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/gabisgma/Spring%202007/?action=view&current=Spring2007.jpg . There are links to other albums there. One album holds photos of our home, decorated for Christmas 2006. These albums are works in progress. If you like, check back, now and then, for updates.