Friday

Nell Hill's Inspiration From the Home of Mary Carol Garrity

Mary Carol Garrity Home
***********************************************
Two weeks from today, if all goes according to plan, I will be in Atchison, Kansas. This particular road trip is dedicated to Mary Carol Garrity and Nell Hill's.
Nell Hill's Spring Open House, begins May 11th. Mary Carol Garrity fans from far and wide will descend upon Atchison in anticipation of seeing Mary Carol's new accessory line. I hope to be in line with 100's of others, Friday morning, the 11th.
Before I get in line at Nell Hill's, I'll board the big bus that will take us to Mary Carol Garrity's home. The photos in today's entry were taken in early November 2005.
I toured her beautiful home and shopped at Nell Hill's during the 2005 Holiday Open House. I met Mary Carol at the shop. What a charming, hardworking, delightful woman! Her enthusiasm is contagious! J was there, too. He found a bench, outside the shop, where he was enlisted by other shoppers to take care of purchases while they returned to the shop for forgotten treasures. J is one of those people who never meets a stranger. He had a long conversation with Mary Carol. Had no idea who she was until I pointed her out, as we were leaving.
J actually enjoys home tours and open houses. His interest lies in the architecture, rather than the decor. I enjoy both, of course!
Mary Carol Garrity encourages photography in her home.
I'm excited about this particular tour. I've met several people through two decorating boards, I belong to. Some of us plan to meet at Nell Hill's. We've never met in person, but share a love of decorating, Mary Carol and Nell Hill's Style. The Nell Hill's Trip Report, will be especially fun!