Wednesday

~From Our Family to Yours~


Celery and onion, chopped and ready to be sauteed in butter. Cornbread and biscuits, fresh from the oven, broth and eggs; key ingredients for my mother's dressing recipe. The scent of sage conjures up memories of Thanksgiving past, as I prepare for the annual feast.
Thoughts of Mother and Granny, the women who provided the delicious meals of long ago Thanksgivings, come to mind. I can see them, as they were then. I watched and learned their rituals. The legacy of preparing age old family recipes will pass to my children and grandchildren.
At times, we add a new recipe or two. This year, I'll prepare Diane's green beans and Mrs B's cranberry sauce. You can find their recipes, by clicking their names.
As I bake and blend in the tiny kitchen of our condo, at the lake, I reflect on the blessings of 2008 and find we have much to be thankful for.
Thanks to all who visit the Back Porch. Thank you for the Thanksgiving cards, e-mails and comments. J and I wish each and every one of you, Happy Thanksgiving!