Sunday

~Setting the Thanksgiving Table~

We have a fairly busy week ahead of us, so I decided to compile my Tablescape Tuesday post, today.

My Tablescape Tuesday contribution, this week, is what I'll use for Thanksgiving dinner, at the lake. This is the first time I will pack up tableware, for our trip to the condo, since we moved in 5 years ago.
I decided to make the place setting simple. Glass plates from Wal-mart, $1.00 each, added to brown salad plates from my collection of dishes, white tablecloths and napkins, gold chargers and bronze leaf napkin rings. I'm also taking two birchbark candle holders, with berry wreaths and copper and brown ribbon, to decorate the tables. Dinner will be served on two small round tables. I'll use flatware and stemware, already at the condo.
The menu:
Turkey
Dressing (my mother's cornbread dressing recipe).
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy (at J's request)
Green Beans
Corn Casserole (at Gabi and Drew's mommy's request).
Cranberry Relish
Raw Veggie Platter
Relish Tray
Rolls
Pumpkin Dessert (the one I wrote about, awhile back), topped with real whipped cream.
Besides taking along dinnerware, I will also need various baking pans and dishes, from home, to prepare the Thanksgiving feast. Space is limited at our condo, therefore I don't have a full complement of cookware. I'll just load up a couple of rubbermaid storage containers. Easy Peasy!
Because we will be away from home, during Thanksgiving week and the weekend after, we've been working on Christmas at our house. Today, I finished the dining room decorating. Will write about it, soon.
I began decorating the hearth room, today, and took a few photos. I still need to do some work in the breakfast room. The big farmhouse table is piled high with this and that, to do with decorating in other rooms.
J will do the front door decorating, sometime this week. I'll finish a few other things around the house. When we return from the lake, week after next, we'll decorate the big tree, in the living room.
When we've finished all the rooms, I'll do a post, with more detailed photos.
The "theme" for the hearth room sort of took on a life of it's own. We brought the cabinet from the back porch, for beside the fireplace. I borrowed Lori's (All About Home) empty frame, with wreath, idea, for above the mantel. The tree with bunnies and birds nestled beneath, has a sort of woodland look. So we just went with that idea and things seem to be coming together.
Hope you've enjoyed the sneak peek.
Here is another little peek at what is happening in the blue dining room.
I'll be back, with another post, later this week. In the meantime, we are decorating decorating decorating! A friend of ours once told me, I wouldn't be going to all the trouble of decorating for Christmas, by the time I reached the age of 60. Well, we're both past that age and even though we've slowed down a tad and downsized, ever so slightly, we are still delighted to decorate for Christmas.
Tablescape Tuesday
Be sure to visit Between Naps on the Porch, Tuesday, for lovely table settings throughout blogland.