Sunday

~A Rural Missouri Day Trip~

Friday morning, leaving I-70 at Jonesburg, west of St Louis and taking Y to 19, we traveled to Hermann, Missouri. We had lunch, explored shops and visited with the shopkeepers.

We lunched at Trapper's Grill. I chose shrimp and a glass of Stone Hill Steinberg. J had bratwurst and red cabbage, with a glass of Doppelbock, a dark beer, from Hermann's Tin Mill Brewery. We shared creme brulee for dessert.

Did you think I forgot my quest to photograph all 114 county courthouses in the state of Missouri? This is Gasconade County Courthouse, located in Hermann.

During the 1970's, while attending the annual Maifest, my Aunt Helen and I climbed those steps up to the courthouse. There are a number of them. I was around 30 years old and Aunt Helen was in her early 50's. I thought it was amazing a woman, of that advanced age, could climb all those steps. Funny how our idea about age changes with time.

Festhalle




Stone Hill Winery
Hermannhof Winery







J worked this area of rural Missouri, during his 39 years as a Lineman for the Rural Electric Cooperative. He enjoyed his career, working outdoors. It's easy to understand why. Rural Missouri is beautiful in all seasons. This was J's "office".




I couldn't resist taking a photo of the rising moon, as we approached I-70, on our return home.

The photos, from Ricky's Chocolate Box, include one showing a chess set, handmade of chocolate, to be auctioned for the benefit of Ronald McDonald House. For more about Ricky's Chocolate Box, click here.


Hermann hosts several events throughout the year. A schedule can be found at this Link.

I added a link at Pamela's The Dust Will Wait, for Fun Monday. The challenge is to define the place where you live, with words and/or photos.