Monday

~A Farmhouse Table~

secondtimearound

It’s 2nd Time Around Tuesday, hosted by Diane of A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words. Visit Diane’s for more treasures given a second chance.

SecondTime2 My sister in law saw the table first, while on an antiquing trip, in Clarksville, Missouri. She called and told me she had found THE table, I had dreamed of.

A few weeks later, we were at the same antique mall. I was walking through exploring, when I saw the table. I didn’t know it then, but it was the same table my sister in law told me about. J and I made a quick decision to purchase the “farmhouse” table that very day. This was a couple of years before we built our present home.

When we were planning our home, we asked our builder to make the breakfast room large enough to fit the 9 ft table. He did exactly that, with room to spare.

Not an antique, but we do believe the table is handmade. Perhaps put together in a home workshop.

The table also has the look of display tables, used for Ralph Lauren displays, I’ve seen at Dillards. Our table may well have been used for display, in another life.

Warped and bowed, dinged and dented; it’s the perfect table for our breakfast room.

SecondTime1

SecondTime3

SecondTime4

SecondTime5

SecondTime7

A small peek of what is to come, on Tablescape Thursday, this week. I’m setting the farmhouse table. Drop by to see more of the tablescape, hinted at, above.