Wednesday

~A Black and White Table~

table6A

Tablescape Thursday is hosted by Susan of Between Naps on the Porch.

tabthu

Before setting the dining room table for Tablescape Thursday, this week, we replaced the leaves, which had been stored away, since Christmas 2008.

I’ve put together a few photos to illustrate how the table (Long Cove Collection Lexington) remains round, when the leaves are in.

There is a series of supports that slide out. The leaves are placed onto the supports and locked into place. The table extends to about 6 feet and will seat eight, easily. I use the 4 slip covered chairs most of the time. A bench and Queen Anne style chairs, can be used for extra seating, if needed.

table7A

table1A

table2A

table5A

blackandwhite2A

The dishes, used in this tablescape ,are a mix of white serving pieces, salad plates and chargers, I’ve purchased, here and there, over the years. The black and white dishes are new. I found them at Marshall’s, Osage Beach Missouri, last week.

The seal on the back of the plate & bowl reads Royal Staffordshire, Fine Earthenware, Made in England. I love the rural scene, as shown in the small sauce bowl, in the above photo.  I wish I had picked up six bowls and plates, rather than four.

blackandwhite20A

blackandwhite6A

blackandwhite4A

blackandwhite1A

blackandwhite11A

blackandwhite10A

The seal on the oval platter reads, Hotel Murat #33.  The platter is marked, Made in Portugal. I found the platter in a home furnishings store in northern Minnesota, several years ago. 

Do you know where I might be able to find more of these pieces?

blackandwhite13A

blackandwhite14A1

blackandwhite18A

blackandwhite15A

lettherebewhiteII

Tuesday, August 25th, Kathleen, of Cuisine Kathleen, is hosting Let There Be White Part II. You will find white table settings with, perhaps, a touch of color.

This black and white table setting is my contribution to the party.