Tuesday

~Christmas in the Kitchen~

snowtableA

In the meadow we will build a snowman.

Instead of ribbons I’m using raffia, for gift wrapping, this year.  I didn’t have enough in my supply, so I needed to stop by Michael’s, last week.

I saw the snowman, in October, when he was first placed on the shelves at the front of the store.  It was love at first sight, but I resisted the temptation to invite him home.

I saw the snowman again, as I was checking out with my raffia and a couple of other things, because we all know you can’t pop in at Michael’s for just one thing!

He was sitting on the floor, wearing his original tag.  I spied a 50% off sign.  With hope in my heart, I asked if he was included in the sale. Yes, he was.  Without hesitation, I scooped him up and brought him home, where he found a new home on the little chest, at the end of the kitchen island.  It was meant to be!

snowtable2A

A Christmas Story~1983

 Cleveland Elementary School, in the foreground and Ralphie’s house, under the cloche.

snowtable3A

 

snowtable4A

snowtable5A

 snowtable6A 

snowtable11A snowtable19A

snowtable10A 

snowtable9A

snowtable7A

snowtable8A1

snowtable12A

snowtable14A

Breakfast for Two

snowtable16A1

Dinner plate, Lenox Holiday, mug, Lenox Holiday Tartan, salad plate, Certified International Florentine.  The napkin is vintage. Stemware is Mikasa.

I purchased four of the snowman stockings when I stopped at Michael’s to pick up the raffia.  The placemats are about 20 years old, a gift from eldest daughter.  I have them turned on the reverse side, for this setting. There is a blue house on the top side.

The houses on top of the refrigerator and two snow figures are Jim Shore~Heartwood Creek.

The snow figures and winter scenes will remain in the kitchen and breakfast room through February.

snowtable20A

Christmas morning brunch will be served from the kitchen island.  I’m still working on the menu that will include fresh fruit and veggies, bagels, biscuits and a casserole, among other things.

Answer

Christmas at the White House, mentioned HERE, is a beautiful new book available from Fife and Drum Press. Click the book title for information.

I’m linking this post to Tablescape Thursday.

tabthu

The Inspired Room Holiday Linky Friday.

Inspired Room Holiday Linky Friday

Deck the Halls Tuesday

(December 22)

deckthehallstuesday

Merry Christmas!