Thursday

Comfort in a Bowl

Foodie_Friday_Logo_2

Gwyn’s Potato Soup

6 to 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed, cover to top with water and cook. Do not drain after cooking.

3/4 stick butter

1/2 cup milk

1 to 2 cans of either cream of chicken or mushroom soup (I used 1 can cream of mushroom soup)

1 chopped onion

chopped celery

1 tsp. garlic salt

1-8 ounce cream cheese

salt and pepper

Top with cheese, bacon bits, and/or green onions, for garnish.

My friend Gwyn’s daughter in law prepared this soup for a family gathering. I modified the recipe by adding the chopped celery.

Add all other ingredients, after the potatoes are cooked. I cubed the cream cheese. It takes awhile to melt. I heated the soup, after adding the cream cheese, over medium heat, stirring occasionally. The milk was added just before serving.

This is a delicious soup. I’ll make it again.

bowlofsoup

cuties4

Clementine Cuties, just because they’re cute!

flowers5

Posies, just because…

Stop by Michael's for the First Anniversary of Foodie Friday.