Thursday

~Updates Around the House & Computer Woes~

update22

Feed trough in the hearth room and more. 

So sorry I haven’t been around to visit or post, this week. 

I have a very good excuse.

lake15

A word from lakeside, Tuesday morning. 

I began this post, Sunday May 23rd; took a little detour along the way.

lake12

Monday Morning

This was taken, approaching Mineola Hill, going west on I-70.  It’s one of my favorite views along I-70, on our way to Hwy 54 and the lake.

lake11

A Minor Glitch

We arrived and settled in around 1PM, Monday.  I was about to check the mail when I discovered there were no flashing lights on the contraption, shown in the photo, above!

Lots of cable is being replaced.  No Internet.

I must say I have enjoyed time away from the computer relaxing on the deck and reading Peter Mayle’s wonderful book,  A Year in Provence.  It is peaceful, here at the lake, this week before the holiday weekend that marks the beginning of the Summer season.

Finally, if you are still with me, the updates…  

update6 The iron deer head above the hearth room door was moved from J’s lodge room, after I found a deer candleholder for the living room at Three French Hens, last weekend.  I’m making a few more updates to this room as I find new accessories.  I am looking for antlers to add to a vignette.

We are also preparing to paint and update J’s lodge.

deerdoor

update11

I don’t recall where I found this piece.

update10

update5

The candleholder that inspired more living room changes.

update8

update7

 The living room is slowly evolving into a new look.

update4 

update18

I borrowed an old feed trough from J’s room, for the breakfast room.

The floor is ceramic from Mohawk.

Paint color is Laura Ashley Gold 3 (Lowe’s).

update17 

update20 

werhr 

Monday May 24th view, from our deck, Lake of the Ozarks

wedsky

Wednesday morning May 26 sky shots, Lake of the Ozarks.

sky2

Misty May Morning Sunrise

We arrived back home, this morning.  I hope to repay your visits over the weekend. 

Thanks so much for stopping by the Back Porch during my absence.  As always your visits are very much appreciated. I read each and every one of your comments.