Saturday

~Winter Scenes & Plans~

In this collage, a tiny Junco catches seed from the ornamental grass, next to our driveway.

The photos were taken just before Christmas week, when sleet, freezing rain and a little bit of snow came to our part of the world.

We keep feeders on the patio, at the back of the house. Our neighbor has several feeders on the patio, just beyond the grass in the photo. After watching the Junco, J decided we need a feeder by the breakfast room window, too.

A vintage swing at J's Aunt Ruth's home.
Red barns on the neighboring farm, beyond the white fence decorated with Christmas wreaths.
A winter sky, through the window of our foyer.
Our plan to leave for the lake has been postponed until Monday (DEC 29). We are dismantling Christmas, at our house, today and tomorrow.
While shopping the after Christmas sale at Michael's, I found 6 11x14 white frames at 50% off. These frames plus white double mats are just what I was looking for, to use in the condo foyer redo. We hope to paint the foyer, one day next week.
I posted sample paint swatches here, awhile back. I still like Mink, by Sherwin Williams. I need to take a few more black and white photos around the lake, to use in the frames. I have a couple of other ideas for the project. Perhaps, within the next week or two, I'll post the finish or at least progress.
I've been pondering the direction Back Porch Musings will take in 2009. I'll celebrate my second anniversary in March. The blog has evolved over the past two years. As always I am so grateful to all of you, for following Back Porch Musings and your wonderful comments.
Susan, at Between Naps on the Porch, has an interesting poll about blogs and what readers enjoy most, posted on her sidebar. I voted there, yesterday.
When I began blogging, I made a promise, to myself, to use my photos most of the time. So far, the majority of the time, I've been able to keep the promise. I hope to continue this, in the new year.
If you have any questions, I'd love to hear from you. I'll do my best to answer them, either here or via e-mail. I think I've missed a few questions here and there in the past!
Christmas with our family was lovely. The kiddos had a very busy day, traveling to most of their grandparents' homes.
I'm looking forward to visiting you, over the next day or two. Hoping to have a new post, from the lake, before New Years.