Wednesday

~Soup for Two~


Tablescape Thursday, from the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks.

Stop by Between Naps on the Porch, where Susan hosts this fabulous event, showing creative tablescapes all around blogdom.
The table, set for lunch, at the lake. I used a quilt, turned to the reverse side, for the tablecloth. The stripe is green on a creamy white background. The green is repeated in the mug. Napkins of brown, green, creamy white, khaki and lavender stripes, were also used.

I've rolled two wonderful events into one post, with the addition of Foodie Friday, hosted by Gollum, at Designs by Gollum. This is the first week for the event. I'm looking forward to seeing foodie posts, every week. I know it will be fun!
Participating in Foodie Friday, does not require one to cook from scratch. In fact, cooking isn't a requirement, either. I chose the no cooking option, for my inaugural Foodie Friday post.

We first tried the Campbell's V8 soups, last fall. Oh my goodness, so delicious! There is a variety of soups available. Our choice for today was Butternut Squash, which I served with Pillsbury flaky biscuits and fresh brewed iced tea.

I've also served this Butternut Squash soup with grilled pork chops, wild & long grain rice, and a salad of mixed greens.

Our soup for 2 lunch, besides being tasty, was quick and easy. Perfect for lazy winter days at the lake.