Thursday

~A Powder Room Makeover Reveal~

mondaymet

Although I posted the makeover, Thursday April 16th, I decided to use it as my Metamorphosis Monday contribution, for this week. Visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, each Monday, for makeovers around blogland.

powder8aLate Thursday afternoon, the powder room makeover was completed. That’s a good thing, because J brought home a load of mulch, during the morning. This means indoor projects are now on the shelf until the leaves turn in the Fall.

powder18These photos show the powder room before. The room was painted Ralph Lauren Longjohn Red, in 2003. Apologies for the poor photo quality.

powder19

powder20

powder21 ~Condo Entry~

Over the winter we painted the living room, kitchen and entry, of our condo at Lake of the Ozarks. The darker color is Sherwin Williams Mink. The lighter is SW Snowflake. There was plenty of leftover paint, so the little wheels in my head began to spin.

While I still liked the powder room, I was ready for a change. The leftover paint gave me the perfect opportunity for a makeover of the powder room, here at home.

powder17

powder13The photo below gives a true representation of the color, SW Mink. We used SW Snowflake on the ceiling. I found the iron piece in the basement and thought it would be the perfect piece I was looking for, to hang above the window. I painted it Krylon Satin White.

powder7

powder6

powder4

powder3

powder1

The difference is like night and day. We both like it very much! The feel of the room is more casual.

I added a bit of blue to play off the dining room. There are birds and garden style accessories, to flow with the living room.

I’m very pleased with this little makeover.

powder5The curtain is from Country Curtains and seems to afford sufficient privacy.

powder16 I found the monogrammed towels at Tuesday Morning, Osage Beach Missouri.

powder15a

Technorati Tags: ,