Sunday

~Dining Room Metamorphosis~

diningroommakeover

BEFORE

mondaymet

The dining room makeover is my contribution for Metamorphosis Monday, this week. Stop by Susan’s Between Naps on the Porch, each Monday, for makeovers around the land of blog.

Because I have several new readers, since completing the makeover and posting about it, last year, I chose to share the metamorphosis.

diningroommakeover2

diningroommakeover3

The original wall color was Laura Ashley Gold #3, available at Lowe’s.

This is how the dining room appeared from the time we moved into our home, in December 2003, until the makeover, August 2008. While I liked the look of LA Gold #3, I felt it was time for a change.

diningroommakeover7

After painting the walls Sherwin Williams Interesting aqua and ceiling Sherwin Williams Topsail. This photo was taken a few weeks before our new table and chairs arrived.

diningroommakeover5

The new table and chairs, from Lexington Long Cove Collection.

The table is Fall River, with a leaf system which allows the table to remain round, after leaves are added around the outer edge.The chairs are Lexington Long Cove Collection, Summerville.

More information about the table, can be found HERE. The chair info is found HERE. The furniture is available in a creamy white, also.

I found the new chandelier at i Lighting Source, online.

diningroommakeover8

The slipcovers were included in the purchase of the chairs. In the background, the top of a Queen Anne style chair, is seen. I have four of these chairs, purchased at a resale shop several years ago. I can use these for extra seating, when needed.

diningroom9a

My mother’s cabinet works well, with the new look.

diningroommakeover4 The new blue dining room, Christmas 2008.

diningroommakeover10 

Dining room, July 2009.

diningroommakeover6

SouthernHospThriftyTreasures_copy[2]

The botanical prints are my subject for Today’s Thrifty Treasures. Stop by Rhoda’s, every Monday, for thrifty stories and ideas.

I’ve talked about the dining room prints, before, but will include them again, for those who haven’t seen them and do not know the story.

The prints are actually calendar pictures. I purchased the calendar, at 1/2 price and put it away, for a possible future project. Last year, I decided it was time to use the calendar. The dining room makeover was the perfect opportunity. I found the frames, including mats, at Michael’s. The cost of each matted and framed print was just about $5 each. Calendar’s are a thrifty way to have the look of more expensive “artwork”.

lakecomputing

Do you see my reflection in the screen? I can’t believe the delightful weather, we are having, here at the lake. I’m enjoying computing from the deck, at beautiful Lake of the Ozarks.

Mid 70’s, during mid July, in Missouri, is practically unheard of. A new low temperature record was set, yesterday, in the St Louis area.

Saturday afternoon, J met folks from Minnesota and Tennessee who mentioned how beautiful Missouri is and asked if the weather is always this pleasant.

We are certainly taking advantage of this blessing, predicted to last through this week.

Post Note: I’m working on an Outdoor Wednesday edition, at Back Porch Musings’ home away from home.