Tuesday

~Spode Italian~

bluespodeA

tablescapethursdayA

It’s time for Tablescape Thursday, presented by our gracious hostess, Susan of Between Naps on the Porch.  Stop by Susan’s, each Thursday, for table setting inspiration around the land of blog.

I’m publishing late Tuesday, because we are going to be on the road Wednesday. The reason I’m publishing my tablescape early; I want a chance to see the post, when it publishes, just in case it needs a little “work”.

bluespode3

Over 4th of July weekend, Marshall’s, at Osage Beach, MO, had a storewide clearance sale. I’m sure I missed some amazing deals, because I preferred to stay at the condo and enjoy grand kiddo’s, Gabi and Drew, rather than go shopping. 

Monday, July 6th, I ventured into town, to see what treasures were left.  I found a few things, to bring home, but none marked as clearance.  The chargers, shown in today’s tablescape, were found that day.  I’ve been looking for white ironstone chargers, for awhile.  I was delighted to see these four chargers, priced at $4.99, each. 

bluespode4A

The first three photos, in this post, were taken at about 6 PM, Monday, July 13th, with the late afternoon sun streaming through the dining room windows.

The following photos were taken around noon, Tuesday, July 14th. The sky was overcast again, here in the St Louis area.

bluespode5a

Dinner plate, Spode Italian, Tuesday Morning.

White chargers, Marshall’s.

Oneida Stainless Louisiana (I bought this stainless in 1982).

The espresso cup is from the Oneida Outlet.  The demitasse spoon is actually a child’s spoon in Oneida Brahms. I purchased several of these, at 50 cents each, when the Oneida Outlet closed.

The white bread & butter plate with gold trim is Mary Carol. The butter knife is another 50 cent Oneida piece, from the store closing.

Blue and white sauce bowls, Wedgewood Countryside (J’s mother’s).

Stemware is from Mikasa Outlet.

White baskets with candles are from Mikasa Outlet.

Divided serving dish is Spode Italian, Tuesday Morning.

Bird S&P’s, Target.

Sugar scuttle, resale shop.

Blue and White ginger jar and vase, Marshall’s.

White compotes, Mikasa.

White pitchers and dish, purchased at various time, Marshall’s.

I believe I found the napkins at Marshall’s or Home Goods.

Faux lemons, Wal-mart, several years ago.

I’m not positive what will be served at this table.  It looks like the meal may begin with a seafood appetizer, judging by the fork, and end with espresso.  Who knows!

bluespode6a

bluespode8a

bluespode9a

bluespode11a  bluespode20a

bluespode19a

Someone asked about the dining room chair slipcovers. They were included in the purchase of the chairs.

After Wednesday, I’ll be posting from the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks, until next week, sometime.

I have a Foodie Friday post, scheduled for Thursday afternoon.  The menu includes Calhoun County (Illinois) Peaches.

We stopped at Apple Wagon Antiques and Home Decor, just east of Kingdom City, Missouri, on our way home from the lake, last time.  I found a cloche.

bluespode21a

This is my 100th post, for 2009 and 361st, since beginning Back Porch Musings 3/2007.  When I reach 400, we’ll have a celebration!