Saturday

~Pomme de Terre, Fifi’s Table & Other News~

Pomme de Terre

pommedeterreAb

On the morning of August 26th, we drove to Pomme de Terre Lake, about 40 miles southwest of Lake of the Ozarks.

Just imagine how beautiful this gorgeous place is, during Autumn! Our friends, Jim and JoAnn bring their travel trailer to Pomme de Terre, sometimes, during Fall and stay several days.

We stopped at Carsons Corner and picked up burgers and salad, then drove to an overlook and picnic area, for lunch. The middle photo shows our view.

Fifi’s Table

fifi5

Not long ago Fifi Flowers painted a watercolor of one of my tablescapes and featured it on her website. I purchased the painting. It now hangs in the kitchen of our lake condo.

The photo, in the lower corner of the mosaic, shows the table on our deck at the lake. This is the photo Fifi used for the painting (shown below).

pat by the water

Fall Nesting

nestingAB

Fall Nesting Week returns September 2nd. Once again, Melissa of The Inspired Room, is hosting this wonderful event.

The mosaic shows a few hints of Fall Nesting, at our house. Come back by, Wednesday, for a look at our back porch and more, as we prepare for my favorite time of year.

O Christmas Tree

mcgbookA

When we returned from the lake, Friday afternoon, I found Mary Carol Garrity’s latest book, Nell Hill’s O Christmas Tree, waiting for me. I opened the package, in eager anticipation. I’ve looked forward to this book, since I first heard about it, several months ago.

I own all of Mary Carol’s books. I think this one just might be my favorite. Gorgeous photos and wonderful ideas fill every page.

I’ve enjoyed touring and photographing Mary Carol’s home, in Atchison, Kansas, several times. I’ve shopped Nell Hill’s in Atchison and Briarcliff Village, KC.

I’ve met Mary Carol and so has J. In fact, he stood outside Nell Hill’s Atchison, talking with Mary Carol, having no idea who she was! As we were leaving, I saw her walking along, carrying several cartons, and pointed her out to J. That’s when he told me he had talked with her.

Two years ago, last Spring, just as I walked into the Atchison Nell Hill’s, I dropped my camera! Oh No!! Broken camera!

J enjoys touring the Garrity home as much as I do. It’s a lovely antique home. On the day I dropped my camera, we toured the home twice. We went through during the morning, after I dropped the camera, unable to take photos. I just could not leave without taking pictures! I bought a disposable camera and returned, in the afternoon, hoping for a chance for photos. Mary Carol was sitting on the porch as we arrived. I told her my dilemma. She told me to come right in and take lots of pictures! An unforgettable day for me!

Answers

1.The navy napkins, with roosters, in the previous post, A Rooster Party, are from Marshall’s, Osage Beach Missouri.

2. In the same post, the round rug, in the laundry, is from Home Goods, Saint Peters Missouri. I purchased it about 5 years ago.

The rug has a little story. I looked at it a couple of times, while I was shopping that day. I walked around the store, then went back and looked again. I put the rug on the floor, to have another look and a woman, about my age, came by and said to me, “You should buy it now, because if you wait, it will be gone and when you get home, you will wish you had gone ahead and bought it”. I had found a sister in decorating and enabler, quite by accident, at Home Goods! Of course, I took her advice.

This & That

Monday, the last day of August, is our day for routine medical check ups. We usually make a day of it, since the office is about an hour from home.

We have early morning appointments, with our physician. Afterward, we’ll reward ourselves with lunch and perhaps a trip to Trader Joe’s and exploring, to see what we can see.

I’ll begin Fall Nesting, Tuesday.

Stop by Mary’s Little Red House, for Mosaic Monday.

Have a wonderful week!

A Giveaway

A Giveaway-Handcrafted-Candles- 

Completely Coastal is hosting a gorgeous candle giveaway. Please click the above button for information.