Wednesday

When All Else Fails…..

summera

…Chicken Soup

The photo, a sort of chicken soup, is a reminder of summertime, just around the corner and down the road. The scene is one of the gravel roads that cut through Lake of the Ozarks State Park.

Foodie_Friday_Logo_2

chickensoup2

J and I have passed a winter ailment (you know the one), back and forth, between us, since Thanksgiving.  After trying various remedies, I decided to call in reinforcement.

My daughters may skim past this paragraph, if they wish.  Their dear old mommy used thighs and wings, for the broth.  What was that, you say?  No white meat?  No, my children, just wings and thighs.  Wings have white meat…besides, I wanted a bit more flavor.  In my opinion, for what it’s worth, dark meat chicken has a tad more flavor.  Maybe, maybe not.  But that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.

Another excuse for no white meat; wings and thighs were readily available.

Everyone has a recipe for basic chicken broth, so I won’t add it here.

chickensoup1

I like Kluski noodles.  A little bit like homemade without the work.

soupa1

 

chicken soup

I took the easy way out with the Banana Pudding.  I was going to use the recipe on the box of Vanilla Wafers.  At the end of the day, when push came to shove, instant was my choice.

Pretty tasty nanner puddin’.

Remember to stop by Michael’s, Friday.