Wednesday

~Elements of Change, Part II~


This photo is right side up. That's the reflection of the sky and trees, in the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks, just after 7AM, this morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We returned from the lake, this afternoon. The weather was warm, a January thaw, I suppose. One night we saw severe thunderstorms. These storms always seem to be magnified, at the lake.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
October 21, 2007, I published a post about a little makeover at the condo. You can see the post and before photos, here.
I began the re-do, this past weekend. These are a few, in progress, photos. I'm hoping for a more serene feel to this room. I've removed several accessories and added cool soothing color, here and there. The room seems more spacious. I have a plan for a wreath of shells or a wreath containing a few shells, for over the bed. I'm not sure I'll replace the headboard. I have it here, at home.
The bathroom is scheduled for a makeover, also. I'm considering a new color for the bathroom.
These rooms are my "winter project", for the lake.








Pillows, lamps and bedside pictures are from Marshall's, at Osage Beach MO. The throw is from Target. Other bedding was previously used in one of the condo guest rooms. I won the hand knotted rug on E-bay. The bombe chest is one I purchased about 5 years ago. Atop the chest is a family photo from 2002 and a vase filled with shells, gathered by Xanti and her aunt and uncle on a trip to Florida. The rattan chair is one of a pair I found at a re-sale shop in St Charles MO, several years ago. A glass top rattan table completes the set.
When I've completed these rooms, I'll post after photos.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A package was waiting for me, this afternoon. I could hardly wait to open it. It was like Christmas again!
In the photo, at right, are the wonderful gifts Jennifer Grey sent to me, after presenting us with best 2007 Christmas decorated home. Included in this great package, were Criterion Bells, still attached to the card and marked 10 cents. I love these and remember buying bells like these during the 1960's and attaching them to my daughters' shoe strings. I always knew what they were up to! Also included, delightful music boxes, Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves, a lovely scented candle, this fabulous Santa Claus ( I love his boots and beard) and to top it off, a subscription to Romantic Homes. Thank you Jennifer. These gifts are wonderful!