Sunday

~The Secretary~


At right, the secretary as it looked when it arrived just about 2 weeks ago. As usual, I've enjoyed looking all through the house for accessories. Saturday, I found several books at the St Charles County Friends of the Library annual book fair. I added those to other bits and pieces. I'm still looking for a rug. I would love to find a hand knotted runner. For now, the 6x9 wool rug, with black background, looks fine with the other elements of the foyer redo. A magnifying glass and vintage post cards are also on my list.

I found several prints and mirrors, around the house, and mixed them with butterfly prints, I found online at Pottery Barn (clearance).



Four butterfly prints, from Pottery Barn, replace the bee and dragonfly prints in gold frames. The gold prints are now beside the secretary.
Mary Carol Garrity books, I use as a constant source of inspiration.
A black and white view of the back porch, through the living room windows. I've replaced the gold silk panels, with simple natural linen.
I was pleased to receive an e-mail from Dana King, at Dana's Design Studio, telling me she has featured my zebra chair makeover. Thank you so much, Dana! The post, seen here , also includes budget redo inspiration from Ballard Designs.