Wednesday

~A White Room~


You may recall the master suite makeover, we accomplished over the winter. It involved exchanging a king bed for a queen bed. Moving beds and other furniture up and down stairs. Taking a headboard to a car body shop, for painting and other little projects. I wrote about it here.

The makeover began, because the mattress in the master suite was not comfortable. All our plans and ideas worked very well and we've slept wonderfully, over these past months, since the redo was completed in February.

Then one day, when we were at the local furniture store inquiring about the status of the secretary order, we dropped our names in a box, for a drawing. There were several items on the list of prizes, including a queen mattress. I said wouldn't it be funny if we won a mattress after all that switching and changing in February. A couple days later, someone called to tell us, I won that queen mattress! We went to the store and chose an even firmer mattress for the master suite and made plans to take the existing queen mattress to the lake.

Since moving into the condo, several years ago, an antique 3/4 iron bed has been used in the smaller of the two guest rooms and a full size bed is used in the other guest room. Our children and grandchildren prefer Aero beds on the floor, rather than the 3/4, which is temperamental and sometimes falls when least expected. They don't like the full bed any better! After winning the mattress, we decided to bring the 3/4 bed home and replace it with the full bed, then move the extra queen bed to the other condo guest room. Confused yet?

You know, if you've read Back Porch Musings for any length of time, the mattress change over is to be a bit more complicated than simply changing the mattresses around! Of course, I'm taking this golden opportunity for a bit of updating. Not only at the condo, but here at home, too!

I've always wanted to have a white bedroom. I found the white quilt, in these photos, at Marshall's, at a price I couldn't resist. And so the condo guest room makeover began.

Photos below show progress. I hope to finish the redo in the next few weeks. I'm looking for new cushions and pillows for the wicker chair and a small bedside table and lamp, among other things. The room was previously very colorful. It had a mosquito net over the bed and a bright quilt on the bed.

The iron 3/4 bed is now in an upstairs studio, a glorified name for bonus room, over the garage. More about that redo, in the coming weeks.






**********************************************
This little munchkin is coming to G'ma and G'pa's tomorrow, to spend a few days.
I've visited my blog friends this week, as much as possible. I'll try to get by later this week or over the weekend, also. Until then, I'm devoting my attention to the special doll baby in the above photo.
Tomorrow we are going to a food tasting/test run, of a new cafe/tea room here in town. It's owned by the same couple who own All About Home. I wrote about All About Home, last November. I'll have my camera tomorrow, as we have lunch at the new cafe, housed in a restored historic building, in our town.
Hope you all have a glorious weekend!