Tuesday

~Mission Possible...Design Challenge~

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, inspiration for a dining room redo, 2008.

It will be 5 years, this December, since we moved into our home. The dining room color, done at that time, Laura Ashley Gold 3. Two years ago, when we had the living room painted, I debated about painting the dining room, but couldn't come up with a color. Usually I'm very good at making decorating decisions, but was at a loss as to what direction I wanted to go with the dining room.

This year, we've made various changes throughout our home and condo. A lighter palette has become very appealing. I've looked at blues since last winter, when we were working on the condo. I fell in love with the dusty blue/greens. While shopping at Eddie Bauer Outlet, at the lake recently, I bought a tee shirt in the exact color I've looked for in paint. I tossed the shirt over a chair in the dining room and knew, this is it!

My mother's cabinet, pictured here, must remain. It's a beautiful piece, in pristine condition and has great meaning for us. I want to leave it as is, no painting.
I want to use botanical prints, on the wall pictured below. Any ideas where I can find these would be most helpful. Simple frames, perhaps no mats. I'm looking for a different chandelier, again simple in design.
I like the shelves with barley twist legs and want to keep this piece. I will also use my collection of white pieces and the cream Lenox pieces, shown on the table and Mother's cabinet.
I'm looking for chairs with cream or white covers. Or slipcovers for the chairs shown. We're looking around for a different table. The glass tabletop has seen better days.
I'm also purchasing a different rug.
For now, we like the windows uncovered. We had the cornice made when the kitchen trim was installed two years ago. This window looks out on our front garden.
If you have any ideas for chandeliers, rugs and tables please let me know. Your input is most welcome.
***Don't forget to stop by Hooked On Houses for home tours throughout blogland, today! Click on the button at the top of my sidebar for the tour.***