Friday

~Deck the Halls~


A look into the blue dining room from the foyer.

Santa is everywhere. Even on the stairs. Beside the clock and on a table, too.

This Christopher Radko ice cream soda ornament, reminds me of G'pa J's famous orange floats.


A Nativity set on the wine cabinet.
A jolly old elf stands beside the grandfather clock.

A view of the foyer from the stairs. A Nativity set sits on the drop down desk. What better place for a glitzy glamorous Santa, than the "zebra" chair.

A close up of the ribbon and bows. I bought the ribbon at Costco, after Christmas, last year.

We removed the rug, for the Christmas season. We like how the lights reflect on the wood floor.

In a corner, behind the tree, a Santa bust sits on faux books tied with ribbon.
The porch fireplace can be seen through the living room windows.
This Lenox ornament is from our first Christmas in our new home, 2003.

The Cardinal ornament is from Biltmore Estate.
Three French Hens.
Fitz & Floyd deer.
These tiny Hallmark mice have been having tea in our Christmas trees, for many years.
The back porch will be featured in Monday's post. Perhaps the front porch, too.

Sheila, of The Quintessential Magpie, has given me this lovely award. I am to list five favorite things...hmmm...let me think. I have so many favorite things! But I'll just do five. In no particular order.

  1. I love to read, so books must be added to the list.
  2. Old movies. Especially black & white films from the 1930's and 1940's. Among my favorites, the Thin Man series. Cary Grant, Kathryn Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart movies. Any and all of them and many more.
  3. Dishes. All kinds!
  4. Our vast collection of Christmas ornaments. Would you believe we have over 100 Hallmarks? We didn't unpack them, this year. Perhaps next year.
  5. I'm not sure children can be included in this category, but I'm going to add them anyway. My very best favorites are our four grandchildren! Xanti, age 18, Gabi, age 4, Drew, 3 in January, and Noah, age 1.
  6. I'm adding a 6th. Reading blogs is a favorite thing to do. I love all your blogs, so this award goes to each of you!

GIVEAWAY!

The very talented Catherine Holman is having a giveaway of one of her delightful paintings. For details click the photo of the cupcake, at the top of my sidebar.

Have a wonderful weekend!