Saturday

~Guest Room Makeover Progress~

I'm making slow progress with the guest room makeover.

I found the bird prints, shown here, at All About Home, in our town. The sconces are from JC Penney, several years ago. They've been used in the dining room and master bedroom.

The paint color is Laura Ashley Gold #3, from Lowes.

The bedding is Waverly, from Target. The furniture(Lexington)was in our room, at the farm. I'm also using vintage mahogany lyre tables, beside the bed; still looking around for new lamps. I'm also in the process of trying out various accessories.


The palm tree floor lamp is from the lake condo. It has monkey's around the base. On a whim, I brought it into the guest room. I like it and believe it will stay beside the wing chair.
The wing chair was given to us, by J's niece. It is circa 1950's or 1960's. It was upholstered in a worn lime and chartreuse striped fabric. The cabriole style legs were painted lime green. We had the chair reupholstered, adding a skirt, about 6 years ago.
A cocker spaniel planter, a couple of books and one of our wedding photos are as far as I've gone with accessorizing the small chest. The mirror has been used in several rooms of our home. The bird prints were in our bathroom, previously. The small armoire is reflected in the mirror. I just set those things on top to get them off the floor, for now. I'm still thinking about what to do with accessories and the wall over the armoire.
I found blue and white knobs at Hobby Lobby and thought they would be wonderful replacements for the brass knobs that have been on the sliding closet doors, for several years.
New bamboo shades, from Target. I've ordered linen panels to try, with these shades. Target is an excellent source for bamboo shades. They are good quality and affordable.
Recently, I've been the lucky recipient of two giveaways. Junebug, of God Put a Smile Upon My Face, had a drawing for several books. We were to name the book we would most like to receive if our name was drawn. I chose Hannah Coulter; the story of a Kentucky woman who grew up during the Great Depression. Hannah is in her 70's as she tells her life story.
I began reading Hannah Coulter, last week, while waiting for J, when he had his check up with the surgeon. When he was finished, I was slow to close the book so we could leave! It's that good! Thank you, Terri!!
J got an excellent report from the surgeon. Next check up is in 6 months. It is hard to believe it's been a year since we started this journey.
The second giveaway is from Andi, of Andi's Everyday Adventures. The Hard Way, a book by Julie Luongo, was in the drawing. This is a pass along book. More about this in an upcoming post. Andi added several wonderful items to the package. A bookmark, Florida peppermints, orange sauces, made with Florida Citrus and a beautiful book, Sentimental Living from the Porch. Thank you, Andi!!