Sunday

~A Bench Makeover~

mondaymet

Each Monday, beautiful makeovers are found, all around the land of blog. For a list of those participating in this lovely event, stop by Susan’s Between Naps on the Porch.

SouthernHospThriftyTreasures_copy[2]

The total cost of the bench makeover was minimal. That qualifies it as a Thrifty Treasure. Stop by Rhoda’s for other thrifty treasures, every Monday.

bench2A

I wanted to give this bench a different look, for quite awhile. I intended to paint it, not long after it was purchased, a few years ago.

Although I knew I wanted a different fabric, for the seat, I just couldn’t make a decision. At first, I thought I might use matelasse. I used this on side chairs and love the texture. However, in the end, I settled on linen. I found a linen blend, at Hancock Fabrics. It isn’t upholstery fabric and not 100% linen, but I believe it will work for this bench. The price was perfect, marked at 50% off the original.

bench4c1

I bought two different colors, to consider. I chose the lighter of the two, for the bench and stored the other for another project.

bench3a

The original finish, of the frame, was a sort of mottled bronze.

The gold fabric was left intact. If I want to change back, it will be as easy as removing a few staples.

bench7a

The bench frame, after painting with Rustoleum Satin Black.

bench6a

bench11a

After

bench9a

bench10a

bench12

A tablescape hint.

bench14

Waterside Cottages

When we picked up the mail, upon returning from the lake, last week, I was excited to find my signed copy of Barbara Jacksier’s Waterside Cottages.

Waterside Cottages is a beautiful new book; a delightful collaboration between Barbara and photographer Dan Mayers.

I first learned about this book, while Barbara was working on it, about two years ago. I’ve eagerly watched the progress through her blog.

To find out more about Waterside Cottages please visit Barbara HERE.