Monday

~Dining Room Still Life~

A Tabletop Vignette

diningroomshelf1

 

diningroomshelf3a

My original plan was to copy the still life, as it appears in the print.  I found all the components, but when I put them together, I didn’t like the look.  I began removing the elements, piece by piece, adding other items, as I began to form the still life I envisioned.

diningroomshelf6a

 

diningroomshelf7

I found this beautiful old bridge cloth at Harpeth Antique Mall, Franklin Tennessee, during our trip south, in April.

diningroomshelf8a

 

diningroomshelf9ac 

 

diningroomshelf12

 

diningroomshelf11 A free form silk arrangement of black eyed susan, curly twigs and other branches with white silk flowers, in an old brown crock, a blue and white carpet ball, white compote with Granny Smith apples, Blue Willow Churchill cups and saucers, a blue and white covered plate, and a bottle of St James School House White, under a tall cloche.

diningroomshelf15

 diningroomshelf16a

The dining room paint color is Sherwin Williams Interesting Aqua. It looks different in every single one of these photos.  The ceiling is SW Topsail, the first chip on the same card as Interesting Aqua.

The shelf is from Bombay Outlet…closed.

The table and chairs are Lexington.  The slipcovers were included with the chairs.  The large soup tureen, on the table, is Mikasa French Countryside. I gave in and ordered it a couple of weeks ago. It was a good sale price, so I don’t feel too guilty…besides, I’m not getting any younger.

The large platter is also Mikasa French Countryside. I bought it in Ste Genevieve Missouri on our way home from Tennessee, last month.

The cloth, on the dining room table is from Countryside Antiques in Camdenton Missouri. This shop will be closing at the end of May.

tabletoptuesday

I’m adding this link to Marty’s Tabletop Tuesday.

diningroomshelf21a