Tuesday

~A Day in Our Life at the Lake~

lake1

 I borrowed an inspiration photo, from Kathysue, of Good Life Design. That started the ball rolling toward a makeover of the master bedroom, at the condo.

We haven’t done much with the room since buying the condo, seven years ago.  We decided it’s about time.

condo redo inspiration

I’ve tried a few different looks in the room, without buying furniture or painting.  I’ve never been quite satisfied with the results.  When I saw the above photo at Good Life Design, I was smitten.  While we don’t have the open rafters, we do have a double sliding door, that overlooks the lake.

I found a bed and dresser at the Ashley Furniture website.  Tuesday morning we drove to Versailles Missouri, where we ordered the poster bed and dresser, without mirror, at Bescheinen Furniture.

Path Included

In this photo, from the Ashley site, you can see the bed is similar to the one in the inspiration photo. The finish is a sort of buttery cream color, rather than stark white.  We will use the dresser for a flat screen tv.  I’ll find mismatched pieces for either side of the bed. 

I’m looking for oars, to hang above the bed.  I wish I had come up with this makeover idea a couple of months earlier.  I saw a set of antique oars, a few months ago, at the now closed Countryside Antiques and Collectibles, Camdenton Mo.

The furniture will be delivered late in July, giving us plenty of time to paint the room Sherwin Williams Antique White.

car3

While wandering around the store, we found this chair and decided to add it to the room redo.chair3

hooksBefore returning to the condo, we stopped at JB Hook’s for lunch.

hooks2 

hooks3

I had a Bloody Mary.  J’s drink was Boulevard Wheat. We shared a Crab Cake Appetizer.

hooks5

My Cobb Salad with shrimp was delicious. The crackers are served with a sundried tomato spread.  J enjoyed a Philly Steak Sandwich with homemade chips.

hooks6

Lunchtime View

car1

I finally got around to driving the Camaro, while at the lake.  Absolutely love it!

car2A

Self portrait, on the road to Versailles.