Monday

~Lavabo~

I found this lavabo at an estate sale a few years ago. I don't know the history of the piece. The home was furnished in the style of the 1950's. This looks like it could be from that era.

I believe the basin once held an artificial arrangement. There were signs of some sort of adhesive. Many times, the basin of a vintage decorative lavabo held a living plant, like a philodendron. I chose to use potpourri. The lavabo hangs in the hallway from the living room to the powder room and master bedroom.

The estate sale also included a complete vintage patio set. I regret not bringing it home. The set included a glider, two chairs, a glass topped dining table and four chairs, a glass topped coffee table and end tables. All iron and included cushions. The set was in pristine condition and the price was $250.00. I still think about passing up that furniture!




I'm adding a link at Diane's A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words, for 2nd Time Around Tuesday. This is the first time I've participated in this fun event. Stop by Diane's on Tuesday, for more 2nd Time Around posts.
We're working on the blue and gold guest room, this week. We also have a trip to Clarksville planned. There is a double bonnet secretary, at Rose Cottage, that has been calling my name, since last fall! More about that later.
Have a wonderful week!
EDIT:
I came back to edit, after reading Gloria's comment about the Lavabo. I love the comment, Gloria, thank you!
A Lavabo is used in some churches, for ritual handwashing, during Communion Service. Gloria's dad was right on the mark!
Sorry if I gave the impression, this type of Lavabo is used in churches. I mentioned decorative Lavabos in the body of the post, when writing about mine. Functional Lavabos are often used in churches.