Thursday

Library Books, Bookmarks & Fairs

The photo:
An empty book bag and my bookmark.

The annual St Charles City-County Library, Friends of the Library Book Fair, begins tomorrow, June 8th. The three day event promises over 250,000 items.

I plan to be there!
**********************************************

Where ever I've lived, for as long as I can remember, I've held a library card. I have happy thoughts of walking to the library, in the town where I grew up. Even the walk is a happy memory of my library visits. The special book smell and quiet murmurs of the Librarian and visitors as I entered, finding a book and checking out, seem like yesterday memories, to me.
The library, that stands out most in my memory, was on a beautiful tree lined street, not far from home and school. When I was a child, the Librarian was Miss Bass. Each Saturday morning, I would sit beside the radio, listening to Miss Bass read. I can hear her voice now. What joy she brought. What a love of reading she instilled in me.
I loved volunteering, as a Library Aide, when my youngest daughter was in Kindergarten and 1st Grade. Each of my daughters received her first library card at the age of three. They are all avid readers. It means so much to me, that they have a love of books.
***********************************************
There's nothing like curling up with a good book when there's a repair job to be done around the house.
~Joe Ryan~
The more that you read,
the more things you know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you go.
~Dr Seuss~
***********************************************