Sunday

~The Double Bonnet Secretary~

Above, the secretary c.1920's, as it appeared when we saw it at Rose Cottage, last fall.
When I saw this beautiful desk, it was love at first sight. Alas, we passed it by that day. However, I couldn't forget the beautiful Double Bonnet Secretary, no matter how I tried.

I thought it might be sold, when I e-mailed Richard Cottrell, just about two weeks ago. Richard, owner of Elgin-Cottrell House and proprietor of Rose Cottage Antiques, answered my e-mail with the good news; the secretary was still available. J and I traveled to Clarksville, Missouri, last week, where we purchased the secretary, at Rose Cottage.


We considered placing the secretary in the guest room, we are redoing in navy and gold. In the end, we chose to put it in our room, where we will see it every morning and evening.
We filled it with favorite books, special plates, and letters, written by J's younger brother(passed away at the age of 23), to their grandparents, when he was serving in Germany, during the 1960's.
More about Rose Cottage and Elgin Cottrell House, can be found by clicking the links beneath the first photo.
We've had beautiful spring temperatures the past few days. J is doing a few things around the yard and gardens. I made a new arrangement for the gate, on the back porch fireplace. More about that and other work on the porch, soon.
***The new look to the Back Porch was put together by Southern Girl Blog Designs. Thank you, Joanna!
***I've linked this post to Diane's 2nd Time Around Tuesday. Visit A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words for more treasures. Thanks, Diane!