Monday

~2010 Orchid Show Part One~

  ORCHIFG 

 orchid show 12

 One of the more unusual looking Orchids, at the Show.

I took the photo with the Canon G11 Power Shot.

All other photos, in this post, were taken by me, with the Canon Rebel Xti, using a Tamron 18-200 Lens.

orchid28B

orchid show 16B

ORCHIDF

 ORCHIDE

 orchid26A

 ORCHIDD

orchid6

orchid27A 

orchid show 7

ORCHID SHOW 18

After visiting the Orchid Show, we walked to the Climatron.

climatron2

This is one of the waterfalls inside the Missouri Botanical Garden Climatron.  I took this photo, just after walking inside.  

The effect, in the photo, is caused by camera lens fog, from the change in temperature/climate. It’s as if we traveled from a February day in Missouri to a tropical rain forest.

a camellia preview

Camellia Preview

I’m printing several floral photos, for matting and framing.  I don’t know where they will be used. It will be fun figuring that out.

These photos were taken at the Missouri Botanical Garden Orchid Show-2010, Saturday 2/20.

ANSWERS

Watermark

I was asked about the Watermark on my photos.  I use Windows Live Writer to compose my posts.  There is a tool for adding the Watermark, in the program.

Artichoke Annie’s Antique Mall

Merrie asked if Artichoke Annie’s would be worth a day trip.  Definitely worth the trip.  Be sure to give yourself plenty of time.  Lots to see and everything is well organized.  We were very impressed with this antique mall.  You might also plan having a meal in Columbia, which is just a short drive west of the mall.

orchid31